Posts Tagged ‘diet’
Things You Just Can’t Afford To Do When You Are On A Diet!
A lot of people forget a few basic things when they are on a diet, out of excitement of being on a diet! So here’s a list of things you just can’t afford to do when you are on a diet. Have a look!
* Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter which diet you are on, don’t skip it.
* Don’t starve yourself. The reason is simple. If you starve one whole day, you are very likely to binge- eat the next.
* Drink enough water. If you drink when you are hungry, it means you are already dehydrated. So keep sipping.
* Get enough sleep. This is something you can’t compromise on. It’s okay if you don’t exercise one day, but not getting enough sleep is really bad.
* Don’t let the way other people’s bodies look like make you judge your own. You have to be the best you can be, but not according to other people’s body type.
* Don’t eat or snack in front of the television. It will make you eat more.
* Don’t eat just because its meal time. Eating when you are hungry is a great way to diet. It will keep you from eating a lot of excess foods.
* Keep simple, home- made snacks available. This will make you avoid the chips bag.
Keep these things in mind and you are sure to lose all the excess weight.
Eating Disorders And Dieting
Every one of you who have been thinking of going on a diet to lose excess weight must have thought about this at least once. Eating disorders and dieting is a topic that bothers all of us but it is not something we discuss a lot. So the question is, is there a link between the two?
Heavy dieting is in itself not an eating disorder. A lot of people diet heavily to lose weight for medical reasons as advised by their doctors, so that is not really a problem. But some studies have shown that adolescent girls who diet heavily are more than 18 times likely to develop an eating disorder than those who didn’t. Girls who dieted moderately were 5 times likely to develop an eating disorder. The problem is more apparent in adolescent girls and they have been found to be 7 times likelier than adolescent boys to develop an eating disorder. This information is quite upsetting for parents and wards of adolescent kids.
Is there any way one can diet and still lower the risk of an eating disorder? Yes! By exercising! Studies have shown that teenaged girls who dieted and exercised are less likely to develop an eating disorder than those who simply dieted.
Eating disorders is a serious issue. It is extremely important to be careful when dieting. The idea is never to over- do anything, not dieting nor exercising. As long as you do everything in moderation, there will be no complications.
The Best Exercises To Lose Weight Permanently
Want to lose weight? You can’t go far without exercise. Incorrectly performed exercises can actually ruin your weight loss plan. Here are the best exercises for you to do.
* Sitting and watching TV or reading: That’s not a joke really, as you do burn calories even when you are sitting and doing nothing physically. In fact, it is going to burn you one to two calories per minute.
* Light housework: Housework such as washing up or cleaning also burn calories. The higher the work that is performed, the higher the calories burnt will be.
* Walking: This is a great exercise to lose weight. Starting to walk at a slow pace and keeping on increasing it will ensure that you lose the excess weight permanently.
* Light jogging: This burns quite a lot of calories and can in fact, help you lose a tremendous amount of weight. Also, this is an exercise that can be performed safely by middle- added people too.
* Running: This is an aerobic exercise that can make you burn about 7 calories a minute. That is huge if you consider that you will be running about 30 minutes everyday.
* Weight training or sprinting: These are the very intensive exercises you can perform if you want to lose weight permanently. But doing it is not recommended if you are not someone whose physical health is optimal.
The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight permanently is being consistent.
Best Diet Tips You Will Find
Someone said that diets are like running shoes. You won’t run long if they don’t fit you right! Here are the best diet tips to help you choose the right diet.
* If you are starved for time, a meal delivery plan is perhaps your best bet. It works for those who have no time to prepare diet- ready dishes. Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Ediets, and Bistro M.D. are good ones. While choosing them, look at your budget and how much you can spend each month.
* If you have to travel a lot for work or otherwise, meal delivery plans are a bad idea. A Weight Watcher’s program is a good option as it gives you freedom and flexibility.
* There are lots of low- carb diets available and they are quite effective as well. But if you love your pasta and can’t think of going without sugar in your daily morning cuppa, stay away from them!
* If you love to cook, opting for a diet that is more freestyle and gives you the freedom to cook what you want as long as the ingredients are right and the dishes are low in calories is a good idea.
* If you are desperate to lose weight fast, a crash diet is the only way to go. The Cabbage Soup Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Lemonade Diet, etc. are popular options. They are more like fasts though!
* Make sure you exercise. Without it, all your diet plans are going to fall flat!
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
Simple Diet Dishes You Will Love!
Life for dieters is not an easy one. They are forbidden to eat anything good and stay away from anything that looks appetizing. Don’t worry, as there are many dishes that you can prepare easily which are low in calories and hence diet- worthy. Here are a few.
* Easy onion rings: With less than 175 calories in each serving, this is one dish that will be a favorite with all onion- lovers. For this you will require a couple of sweet onions, all- purpose flour, butter milk, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, a little sugar, salt to taste and water. All the items are expected to be available in your larder this moment!
* Nutella biscotti: This dish has only 90 calories. It requires Nutella, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, all- purpose flour, eggs, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt. It is easy to prepare as well. Just mix everything together and pop it in the oven!
* Stuffed mushrooms: If you love mushrooms, you are going to love this dish! It is easy to prepare and delicious to boot. Use the Pecorina Romano for this dish. Each serving will give you just 175 calories. For this flavorful dish, you need white mushrooms, some cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, fresh mint leaves, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
So what are you waiting for? Use these diet dish ideas to cook up a storm! Dieting doesn’t mean that you can’t eat, does it? Have fun!
Too Many Diets Around? Here’s Help!
With the huge number of diet plans doing the rounds on the internet right this moment and quite a few more coming in, it can be quite confusing for the average dieter to choose the right one. Here’s a little help in a few simple points.
* There are many weight loss programs available on the internet which offer structured meal plans and help. You have to pay a weekly fee for being on one of this. What’s more, these diets rely on pre- packaged foods which can be quite expensive in the long run. So even if such diets are effective, if you don’t want to spend money to lose weight, steer away from them!
* There are a lot of diets that will ask dieters to eat low- carb meals. Yes, low- carb diets do make you lose weight fast, but they are not really healthy if you continue for a long stretch of time. And even if you can have as much steak as you want on such a diet, you are going to hate that your coffee has no sugar in it!
* The best diet you can ever find is eating low- calorie meals (not too low though!) and regular exercise. This is one tip every doctor is going to give to lose excess weight. It may take some time to lose weight on such a diet, but the effects will be long- lasting and well worth it. Try it!
* Yes there are way too many Diets around and most you will never even find in the search engines because doing SEO for keywords like Diet is nowadays super tough! So keep in mind the diet programs ranking in the top 5 are not necessarily the best 5. It pays to read reviews on trusted sites like Lose.kg
The South Beach Diet
The South Beach Diet has become quite popular since 2003 when it was first published. It is a diet plan that one can keep to, as compared to crash diets. Here are a few points to note about the South Beach Diet.
* The diet has 3 phases. The first phase lasts 2 weeks and restricts the dieter from eating most carbohydrates, including most fruits, dairy products and sources of saturated fat. The second phase lasts as long as the dieter has lost all the weight he wants. The third phase is all about maintenance and has very few restrictions.
* The diet starts with quite a lot of restrictions in the first phase. Dieters are forbidden to eat fats and most types of carbohydrates. But in the next two phases, carbohydrates are progressively added as they start losing weight. Dieters are allowed a little amount of saturated fat in the last phase as well.
* This is a diet that encourages individual dieters to choose what they want to eat, especially in the last two phases. It does not have fixed meal plans that have to be kept to.
* It is actually quite easy to learn and get used to this diet. There are a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods to enjoy. When a dieter has choice, he is less likely to fall off the wagon and binge- eat.
* Overall, this diet is not over- restrictive and can be used successfully to lose excess weight.
Best Diet Program
The best diet program is one that does not starve you but makes you lose weight at the same time. A proper diet will make you lose weight no matter what you weigh at the moment. Here are tips on how to go on the best diet program that will make you lose weight and keep it off.
* Setting small realistic goals which you know you can reach is very important. Setting a goal that is unrealistic will only make you de- motivated.
* Losing weight has to do a lot with you eating lesser calories your body needs to perform daily function. Eating reduced- calorie meals are important. But starving is no- no as it will only make you weak and your body susceptible to infections.
* Choose high-fiber foods like legumes, lentils, whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat pasta, brown bread, fruits and vegetables.
* Stay away from butter, cooking oil, too many nuts, red meat, etc. as much as you can. Eating chicken and eggs is a great way to get protein.
* Learn to cook healthy, reduced- calorie meals. Cooking food will give you the pleasure of preparing meals the way you like it and being as conscious about the food you eat as you can. Avoid restaurant food.
* Eat 5-6 meals everyday. Keep your meal portions small. Incorporate proteins, fats and carbs in each meal you eat.
* Maintain a food diary where you write exactly what you are eating and in what amounts.