Posts Tagged ‘Diet Foods’
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
Healthy Diet Foods
There are many fad diets going around on the web to help people lose weight and most of them are quite effective. But the food you need to eat on these diets may not be as healthy as you want them to be. If you are trying to lose weight, why not eat low-calorie meals with healthy diet foods instead of starving yourself? Here are a few healthy diet foods you can try.
* Seasonal Vegetables: They are rich in nutrients and full of essential vitamins that not only aid in weight loss, but make the body fit as well.
* Whole Wheat Pasta and Bread: These are healthy diet foods since they are made of whole grains. They are rich in fiber and tend to make you feel full longer.
* Fish: Fish is great diet food that has lots of good Omega- 3 acids. Just make sure that you don’t fry yours in a whole lot of butter! Try baking or grilling for a tasty, yet healthy meal.
* Lean Meats: Chicken is a great option. Turkey is good as well. They have lots of fiber and very little fat. Chicken soup is delicious!
* Skimmed Milk and Low-Fat Yogurt: This will take care of the calcium requirements of your body and help you shed off excess fat.
Are you planning to get rid of your bulge? There’s no better way to do that than by adopting a healthy lifestyle. What’s a healthy lifestyle, you ask? Well, it’s a combination of well – balanced diet foods and a regular exercise program. There are thousands of diets doing the rounds on the internet. This article doesn’t go into that. Instead it tells you of a few diet foods that when included in your diet, will make you lose weight! Have a look.
1. Eggs: It is a misconception to think that eggs are a no – no with people on a diet. Quite the contrary. Eating eggs is great as it is a wonderful form of protein and is low in calories as well. In fact, people who eat eggs are more likely to lose weight than those who don’t. Have it in any form you want; boiled, scrambled or poached.
2. Steak: Another great source of protein while on a diet. Having it grilled or broiled is a great idea. You can also mix it with fresh vegetables and prepare a fajita. Do make sure you don’t fry it in butter though!
3. Oats: Oats are great breakfast food and the good thing is you can have them during lunch and dinner as well. Extremely satiating, they provide your body with lots of fiber and energy.
4. Fresh vegetables: This is a no – brainer. Eating as much fresh vegetables as possible is great for losing weight. High in volume and low in calories – they make for great diet food!