Posts Tagged ‘Diet Plan’
Things You Just Can’t Afford To Do When You Are On A Diet!
A lot of people forget a few basic things when they are on a diet, out of excitement of being on a diet! So here’s a list of things you just can’t afford to do when you are on a diet. Have a look!
* Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter which diet you are on, don’t skip it.
* Don’t starve yourself. The reason is simple. If you starve one whole day, you are very likely to binge- eat the next.
* Drink enough water. If you drink when you are hungry, it means you are already dehydrated. So keep sipping.
* Get enough sleep. This is something you can’t compromise on. It’s okay if you don’t exercise one day, but not getting enough sleep is really bad.
* Don’t let the way other people’s bodies look like make you judge your own. You have to be the best you can be, but not according to other people’s body type.
* Don’t eat or snack in front of the television. It will make you eat more.
* Don’t eat just because its meal time. Eating when you are hungry is a great way to diet. It will keep you from eating a lot of excess foods.
* Keep simple, home- made snacks available. This will make you avoid the chips bag.
Keep these things in mind and you are sure to lose all the excess weight.
Eating Disorders And Dieting
Every one of you who have been thinking of going on a diet to lose excess weight must have thought about this at least once. Eating disorders and dieting is a topic that bothers all of us but it is not something we discuss a lot. So the question is, is there a link between the two?
Heavy dieting is in itself not an eating disorder. A lot of people diet heavily to lose weight for medical reasons as advised by their doctors, so that is not really a problem. But some studies have shown that adolescent girls who diet heavily are more than 18 times likely to develop an eating disorder than those who didn’t. Girls who dieted moderately were 5 times likely to develop an eating disorder. The problem is more apparent in adolescent girls and they have been found to be 7 times likelier than adolescent boys to develop an eating disorder. This information is quite upsetting for parents and wards of adolescent kids.
Is there any way one can diet and still lower the risk of an eating disorder? Yes! By exercising! Studies have shown that teenaged girls who dieted and exercised are less likely to develop an eating disorder than those who simply dieted.
Eating disorders is a serious issue. It is extremely important to be careful when dieting. The idea is never to over- do anything, not dieting nor exercising. As long as you do everything in moderation, there will be no complications.
Best Diet Tips You Will Find
Someone said that diets are like running shoes. You won’t run long if they don’t fit you right! Here are the best diet tips to help you choose the right diet.
* If you are starved for time, a meal delivery plan is perhaps your best bet. It works for those who have no time to prepare diet- ready dishes. Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Ediets, and Bistro M.D. are good ones. While choosing them, look at your budget and how much you can spend each month.
* If you have to travel a lot for work or otherwise, meal delivery plans are a bad idea. A Weight Watcher’s program is a good option as it gives you freedom and flexibility.
* There are lots of low- carb diets available and they are quite effective as well. But if you love your pasta and can’t think of going without sugar in your daily morning cuppa, stay away from them!
* If you love to cook, opting for a diet that is more freestyle and gives you the freedom to cook what you want as long as the ingredients are right and the dishes are low in calories is a good idea.
* If you are desperate to lose weight fast, a crash diet is the only way to go. The Cabbage Soup Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Lemonade Diet, etc. are popular options. They are more like fasts though!
* Make sure you exercise. Without it, all your diet plans are going to fall flat!
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
Simple Diet Dishes You Will Love!
Life for dieters is not an easy one. They are forbidden to eat anything good and stay away from anything that looks appetizing. Don’t worry, as there are many dishes that you can prepare easily which are low in calories and hence diet- worthy. Here are a few.
* Easy onion rings: With less than 175 calories in each serving, this is one dish that will be a favorite with all onion- lovers. For this you will require a couple of sweet onions, all- purpose flour, butter milk, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, a little sugar, salt to taste and water. All the items are expected to be available in your larder this moment!
* Nutella biscotti: This dish has only 90 calories. It requires Nutella, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, all- purpose flour, eggs, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt. It is easy to prepare as well. Just mix everything together and pop it in the oven!
* Stuffed mushrooms: If you love mushrooms, you are going to love this dish! It is easy to prepare and delicious to boot. Use the Pecorina Romano for this dish. Each serving will give you just 175 calories. For this flavorful dish, you need white mushrooms, some cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, fresh mint leaves, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
So what are you waiting for? Use these diet dish ideas to cook up a storm! Dieting doesn’t mean that you can’t eat, does it? Have fun!
Fasting Weight Loss
A beach party coming up and you just need to lose weight to fit into the new bikini you bought? Why not try a fasting weight loss plan? A fasting weight loss plan is one which is a very reduced- calorie meal plan. It also lets you detoxify your body. The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t be on this diet for more tan 6- 7 days at a stretch.
1). When you wake up in the morning, you can either have a slice of whole wheat toast with a slice of turkey or a cup of 0% fat milk or 2 kiwis with a little honey or 2 apples or a glass of orange juice.
2). For lunch, you can either have a tuna salad or a little soup with boiled chicken or steamed mixed vegetables like carrot and broccoli or a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a little honey or a cup of 0% fat yogurt.
3). For dinner, you can have an omelet with 2 egg whites and a little 0% fat yogurt.
4). Drinking as much water as you can while you are on this diet is a must. This is because water will help you feel less hungry. It will also drive away the toxins in your body and keep it refreshed and hydrated.
5). You can use the fasting weight loss diet to lose weight quick. But make sure you leave a gap of at least a week before resuming this diet.
Diets That Work
Worried about your bulging waistline? Don’t be, because there’s help at hand! With the bewildering number of diet plans on the web, it is no wonder you are confused, and should we say “frustrated”. This article gives you a lowdown on the 5 diets that work! Read on.
The Glycemic Index Diet: This diet makes you eat foods which have a low Glycemic index such as whole grains like barley, bran and oats; basmati rice, certain vegetables and fruits; natural yogurt, a little pasta, skimmed milk and chick peas.
The Atkin’s Diet: This is a no – carb diet where you are allowed to eat as much protein and fats as you want but no carbs. This means that you can eat beef, eggs and butter all day but you cannot eat any bread, sugar, rice or vegetables to go with it.
The Macrobiotic Diet: This diet lets you eat brown rice, beans, seasonal fruits and vegetables and soy bean products. You can also have fish, nuts and seeds in moderation.
The Organic Diet: This diet makes you eat food that has been grown using no pesticides and are henceforth more natural and chemical – free. You can eat organic fruits and vegetables, hormone – free milk, free – range eggs, beef, chicken and whole grains while on this diet.
The South Beach Diet: During the 1st phase, you get to eat fish, beef, nuts, eggs, cheese and vegetables while during the 2nd phase, you get re – introduced to potato, cereals and bread.
Suffering from sleepless nights feeling guilty about last weekend’s dietary binge? Don’t worry, there’s help at hand in the form of detox diets. Detox diets are diet plans that let you detoxify your body of toxins and chemicals. Here are tips on how to go on a detox diet that is safe and sensible and do no harm to the body.
Detox breakfast: Banana porridge prepared with raisins, natural yogurt, honey and bananas or a fresh fruit smoothie prepared with different kinds of fresh fruits, natural yogurt and honey.
Detox lunch: Oatcakes with vegetable or lentil soup or lightly steamed vegetables and jacket potato filled with grilled cod.
Detox dinner: Stir – fried vegetables such as carrots, spring onions, bok choi, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and bean sprouts and brown rice or noodles with tuna, prawns ad fresh crunchy vegetables.
Detox snacks: A cup of natural yogurt, popcorn or fresh fruits.
Here are things you should remember while on a detox diet plan:
* This diet should not be carried on for more than a week.
* Drinking at least 2 liters of water everyday is a must.
* Processed foods such as canned fruits and vegetables, chips, cookies and cereals are to be avoided during this period.
* Poultry, meat and fish are not to be eaten.
* Consumption of tea and coffee and any carbonated beverages should be kept at the minimum.
* Do not consume alcohol.
Follow the detox diet for a week and you will notice a huge difference in the way your body functions.
3 Day Diet
Looking for a diet that will melt away all the excess pounds you gained from your nightly ritual of snacking on ice cream? The best way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise regularly, though cyberspace won’t let you believe that with the millions of diet plans available! How many of these diets work is a debatable issue, but most people agree that these diets are great if they are treated as a jumpstart to their weight loss plan. With that in mind, I present you with the 3 Day Diet, which you can follow, after which you go on a “low – calorie meals and exercise” routine. Here’s how.
Breakfast: 1 piece toast with peanut butter, half a grape fruit and black coffee
Lunch: 1 piece toast, half cup tuna and black coffee
Dinner: 3 ounces chicken, 1 cup carrot, 1 cup beans, 1 apple and 1 cup vanilla ice cream
Breakfast: 1 piece toast, 1 egg, half banana and black coffee
Lunch: 1 cup tuna or cottage cheese and 8 saltine crackers
Dinner: 1 cup cabbage, 2 beef franks, half banana, half cup carrots, half cup vanilla ice cream
Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 ounce cheddar cheese, 1 apple and black coffee
Lunch: 1 piece toast, 1 boiled egg and black coffee
Dinner: 1 cup tuna, 1 cup carrot, 1 cup cauliflower and half cup vanilla ice cream.
The great thing about the 3 day Diet is that it’s easy and it works. Try it!