Posts Tagged ‘Dieting’
Things You Just Can’t Afford To Do When You Are On A Diet!
A lot of people forget a few basic things when they are on a diet, out of excitement of being on a diet! So here’s a list of things you just can’t afford to do when you are on a diet. Have a look!
* Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter which diet you are on, don’t skip it.
* Don’t starve yourself. The reason is simple. If you starve one whole day, you are very likely to binge- eat the next.
* Drink enough water. If you drink when you are hungry, it means you are already dehydrated. So keep sipping.
* Get enough sleep. This is something you can’t compromise on. It’s okay if you don’t exercise one day, but not getting enough sleep is really bad.
* Don’t let the way other people’s bodies look like make you judge your own. You have to be the best you can be, but not according to other people’s body type.
* Don’t eat or snack in front of the television. It will make you eat more.
* Don’t eat just because its meal time. Eating when you are hungry is a great way to diet. It will keep you from eating a lot of excess foods.
* Keep simple, home- made snacks available. This will make you avoid the chips bag.
Keep these things in mind and you are sure to lose all the excess weight.
Eating Disorders And Dieting
Every one of you who have been thinking of going on a diet to lose excess weight must have thought about this at least once. Eating disorders and dieting is a topic that bothers all of us but it is not something we discuss a lot. So the question is, is there a link between the two?
Heavy dieting is in itself not an eating disorder. A lot of people diet heavily to lose weight for medical reasons as advised by their doctors, so that is not really a problem. But some studies have shown that adolescent girls who diet heavily are more than 18 times likely to develop an eating disorder than those who didn’t. Girls who dieted moderately were 5 times likely to develop an eating disorder. The problem is more apparent in adolescent girls and they have been found to be 7 times likelier than adolescent boys to develop an eating disorder. This information is quite upsetting for parents and wards of adolescent kids.
Is there any way one can diet and still lower the risk of an eating disorder? Yes! By exercising! Studies have shown that teenaged girls who dieted and exercised are less likely to develop an eating disorder than those who simply dieted.
Eating disorders is a serious issue. It is extremely important to be careful when dieting. The idea is never to over- do anything, not dieting nor exercising. As long as you do everything in moderation, there will be no complications.
Best Diet Program
The best diet program is one that does not starve you but makes you lose weight at the same time. A proper diet will make you lose weight no matter what you weigh at the moment. Here are tips on how to go on the best diet program that will make you lose weight and keep it off.
* Setting small realistic goals which you know you can reach is very important. Setting a goal that is unrealistic will only make you de- motivated.
* Losing weight has to do a lot with you eating lesser calories your body needs to perform daily function. Eating reduced- calorie meals are important. But starving is no- no as it will only make you weak and your body susceptible to infections.
* Choose high-fiber foods like legumes, lentils, whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat pasta, brown bread, fruits and vegetables.
* Stay away from butter, cooking oil, too many nuts, red meat, etc. as much as you can. Eating chicken and eggs is a great way to get protein.
* Learn to cook healthy, reduced- calorie meals. Cooking food will give you the pleasure of preparing meals the way you like it and being as conscious about the food you eat as you can. Avoid restaurant food.
* Eat 5-6 meals everyday. Keep your meal portions small. Incorporate proteins, fats and carbs in each meal you eat.
* Maintain a food diary where you write exactly what you are eating and in what amounts.
Fasting Weight Loss
A beach party coming up and you just need to lose weight to fit into the new bikini you bought? Why not try a fasting weight loss plan? A fasting weight loss plan is one which is a very reduced- calorie meal plan. It also lets you detoxify your body. The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t be on this diet for more tan 6- 7 days at a stretch.
1). When you wake up in the morning, you can either have a slice of whole wheat toast with a slice of turkey or a cup of 0% fat milk or 2 kiwis with a little honey or 2 apples or a glass of orange juice.
2). For lunch, you can either have a tuna salad or a little soup with boiled chicken or steamed mixed vegetables like carrot and broccoli or a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a little honey or a cup of 0% fat yogurt.
3). For dinner, you can have an omelet with 2 egg whites and a little 0% fat yogurt.
4). Drinking as much water as you can while you are on this diet is a must. This is because water will help you feel less hungry. It will also drive away the toxins in your body and keep it refreshed and hydrated.
5). You can use the fasting weight loss diet to lose weight quick. But make sure you leave a gap of at least a week before resuming this diet.
Free Diet Programs
Are you looking for free diet programs that will make you lose your extra pounds? Have a look at the top free diet programs doing the rounds on the internet these days.
* The Atkins Diet: This is a favorite for those looking for a free diet program. This diet will have you eat a low- carb diet. This diet is based on the idea that a low- carb diet will let your body use up stored fat and ultimately lead to weight loss.
* Big Breakfast Diet: This is a comparatively new diet and on this, you have to eat a big breakfast before 9 am and sparse meals for the rest of the day. It is a bit difficult to follow as few people will get the time to prepare a large Sunday- style breakfast every morning.
* Cabbage Soup Diet: Another popular free diet program, this diet will have you eat copious amounts of cabbage soup throughout the day, with little bits of real food thrown in. It is an effective diet that has worked for a lot of people.
* High Fiber Diet: This diet will have you eat foods that are high in fiber, such as brown rice, lentils, legumes, whole wheat bread and pasta, high- fiber fruits and vegetables, etc. It is a very do-able diet.
* Raw Food Diet: This diet will have you eat raw foods or foods that have been cooked only 25%. You will be eating a lot of nuts, legumes, fruits and vegetables on this diet.
Healthy Diet Foods
There are many fad diets going around on the web to help people lose weight and most of them are quite effective. But the food you need to eat on these diets may not be as healthy as you want them to be. If you are trying to lose weight, why not eat low-calorie meals with healthy diet foods instead of starving yourself? Here are a few healthy diet foods you can try.
* Seasonal Vegetables: They are rich in nutrients and full of essential vitamins that not only aid in weight loss, but make the body fit as well.
* Whole Wheat Pasta and Bread: These are healthy diet foods since they are made of whole grains. They are rich in fiber and tend to make you feel full longer.
* Fish: Fish is great diet food that has lots of good Omega- 3 acids. Just make sure that you don’t fry yours in a whole lot of butter! Try baking or grilling for a tasty, yet healthy meal.
* Lean Meats: Chicken is a great option. Turkey is good as well. They have lots of fiber and very little fat. Chicken soup is delicious!
* Skimmed Milk and Low-Fat Yogurt: This will take care of the calcium requirements of your body and help you shed off excess fat.
How To Lose Weight Fast And Easy
Do you want to lose weight fast? Actually it is as easy as this: Step 1 – Eat less; Step 2 – Exercise and Step 3 – Repeat Step 1 and 2. No, this is not a joke! It’s the truth. Losing weight is simple but most of us make it very complicated by going on extremely difficult and complex diet plans. Here are simple ways you can lose weight fast and easy.
* Start right now: This may seem silly to you, but the fact is that NOW is the best time to start losing weight! Yes, that’s right. As soon as you finish reading this, just go out for a brisk walk. There, you have started!
* Set clear goals: Find out exactly how much weight you want to lose. 10 pounds in 20 days? When you decide what you want, you will find out ways to achieve it no matter what.
* Drink lots of water: At least 8-9 glasses of water everyday while on a weight- reduction plan is important. Not only will it keep your body well hydrated, it will also keep you feeling less hungry.
* Do not skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast is a bad idea if you are trying to lose weight, as any one will tell you. It will make you hungrier at lunch and you will end up eating too much.
* Exercise: Exercise 5 days a week, if not everyday. Do what you enjoy, be it jogging, walking, cycling or swimming or playing with your kids.
How To Lose Weight Naturally
Losing weight is truly our national obsession and people spend thousands of dollars every year on pills and potions to make them lose weight fast. Losing weight is actually quite simple but we tend to make it complicated. Losing weight naturally is the best way to go about it and here are tips to help you do just that.
* If you are presently eating 2100 calories everyday, eating 1800 calories a day will make you lose weight. To lose weight, you will have to learn about the calorie content of each food you put in your mouth. Look up the internet for more information about the calorie content of foods you eat regularly and maintain a food diary where you write down everything. Make sure your total calorie intake des not increase the 1800 mark.
* Exercise regularly. Do something physical for 30 to 40 minutes a day at least 5 times a week. You can run, jog, walk or just play with your kids in the yard.
* Eat smaller portion sizes. If you eat 3 meals a day, change it to 5 or 6 meals. This will help you feel less hungry and keep you away from eating junk food.
* Stay away from junk foods like chips, chocolate, burgers and carbonates drinks. Instead, eat as much home- cooked meals as you can.
* Drink as much water as you can everyday.
* Do not skip meals. This will not only deplete the energy levels of your body, it will also rampage your weight loss goals.
If you are someone who tries all the diets that come up on the internet, it’s time to do yourself a favor and STOP! That’s right. Yo – yo dieting is not going to do you any good. Instead, opt for an easy diet that is sensible and safe and does no harm to your body. How? Read on to find tips on easy diets.
* The idea of easy diets is to eat lesser calories than is needed for the functioning of your body. So, if you need 2100 calories everyday to perform daily functions, eating 1800 calories will help you lose weight.
* Try to include at least 3-4 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet everyday. These contain lots of fiber and are high – satiety foods.
* Keep control over your porting sizes. Make sure you refuse all second helpings. If you have to eat ice cream, make sure you just have a scoop of it. Share a dish with a friend when you are eating out.
* DO NOT skip meals. They are going to make you hungrier for your next meal and you will end up over – eating.
* Prepare home – cooked meals and avoid take – outs and packaged foods as much as you can. Try carrying a home – cooked packed lunch to work. It will make a world of difference.
* If you love chocolate, indulge in it once a week. Totally cutting yourself off your favorite foods is going to make you grumpy.