Posts Tagged ‘exercising’
The Best Exercises To Lose Weight Permanently
Want to lose weight? You can’t go far without exercise. Incorrectly performed exercises can actually ruin your weight loss plan. Here are the best exercises for you to do.
* Sitting and watching TV or reading: That’s not a joke really, as you do burn calories even when you are sitting and doing nothing physically. In fact, it is going to burn you one to two calories per minute.
* Light housework: Housework such as washing up or cleaning also burn calories. The higher the work that is performed, the higher the calories burnt will be.
* Walking: This is a great exercise to lose weight. Starting to walk at a slow pace and keeping on increasing it will ensure that you lose the excess weight permanently.
* Light jogging: This burns quite a lot of calories and can in fact, help you lose a tremendous amount of weight. Also, this is an exercise that can be performed safely by middle- added people too.
* Running: This is an aerobic exercise that can make you burn about 7 calories a minute. That is huge if you consider that you will be running about 30 minutes everyday.
* Weight training or sprinting: These are the very intensive exercises you can perform if you want to lose weight permanently. But doing it is not recommended if you are not someone whose physical health is optimal.
The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight permanently is being consistent.
How To Lose Weight At Home
Tired of spending hours at the local gym tying to lose weight? Well, there are ways in which you can lose weight at home. How? Find out by reading on!
* Whatever you do, do not skip any meals, especially not breakfast. Skipping meals will make your body think that it is starving and have it store up all fats. This will make it difficult to lose weight. Eat regular meals.
* Adopt a healthy reduced- calorie meal plan where you eat less than what your body needs to perform daily physical functions but enough for it to maintain an equilibrium.
* If you are used to eat 3 large meals a day, break it up into 5 or 6 small meals. Every meal should have a share of proteins, carbs and fats.
* Eat at least 5 to 6 servings of fresh fruits and veggies every day. This will fill up your body with fiber, which will make it feel fuller longer and keep you away from snacking.
* Eat as much wholesome fresh foods as you can. Avoid canned and processed foods.
* For snacking options, choose from nuts, freshly cut veggies with your favorite dips, slices of fruits, low- fat yogurt or a cup of skimmed milk with a teaspoon of honey. TV snacking is a strict no- no.
* Control your portion sizes. Eat from a small dark- colored plate.
* Exercise for at least 30- 40 minutes 5 days a week. Cycling, jogging, brisk walking or swimming- choose whatever you enjoy doing.
How To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks
The most important thing you need to understand if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks is that food is not the enemy. Food is essential to your bodily functions and you can’t do without it. Don’t plan to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks, as that will have you starving – which is not a good thing for the [physical and emotional well-being of your body. Have a more realistic goal. Here are tips to help you lose weight in 2 weeks.
1). Stop eating junk. If you want to do that, you have to stop buying them, right? Just stop shopping for chips, chocolates, ice creams and other junk food.
2). Totally stop drinking carbonated fizzy drinks. Buy mineral water instead.
3). Utilize your lunch hour to aid in your weight loss goal. Take a brisk walk for half of your lunch hour. Not only will it help you digest your lunch better, it will also make you feel more energized.
4). Exercise everyday if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks. At least 30- 40 minutes of doing something you like is good enough. You can spend time at the local gym, swim, cycle, jog or brisk walk- whatever suits you.
5). Eat 5 to 6 small meals everyday. Limit your portion sizes. Try to eat home- cooked, reduced- calorie meals everyday.
6). Drink 7-8 glasses of water everyday.
If you follow these tips for 2 weeks diligently, nothing can stop you from losing weight.
Pilates is a wonderful form of exercise. It comes with a range of benefits, a few of which are discussed below:
1. The great thing about Pilates is that it is a whole-body exercise. It does not ignore or over- work any body part, as is the case with a lot of exercises. Instead, it concentrates on developing core strength and trains the whole body.
2. It does not matter whether you are just a beginner or a trained athlete; you can be sure that Pilates has something for you. It can be tailored well to suit your needs, be it weight loss or fitness.
3. The range of motion that Pilates exercises deal with increases the flexibility of your body. If you do Pilates regularly, you will be gifted with a body that bends and stretches very easily.
4. Pilates does not build you muscles. This is great news for women who hate bulk and who are scared of doing certain kinds of exercises for fear it will make Madonna look-alikes out of them! Lean is the word for Pilates.
5. Pilates develops core strength, that is, it concentrates on the abdomen, back and pelvic floors. Flat abs is a given for regulars!
6. A strong core will lead to a good posture. Though ignored a lot, a good posture is something that is extremely important for the overall fitness of the body.
7. Pilates aids in weight loss and helps in attaining a long and lean appearance that most people crave for.
Using a treadmill is a wonderful form of exercise. Not only does it go a long way in keeping the body fit, it also works the important muscles of the body. If you are trying to lose your extra pounds with the help of a simple exercise routine, a treadmill is good news for you. Running or walking on a treadmill gives you one of the best cardio-vascular workouts you can ask for. It also burns a number of calories in a short time. The great thing about a treadmill is that you can exercise whenever you want at your convenience right in your home without having to go a gym. It is comparatively an inexpensive equipment and just 20-30 minutes of being on a treadmill is enough to give you a whole-body workout.
If you are thinking of investing in a treadmill for your home, it is a good idea to research well. Read reviews on the internet by consumers and experts alike and gauge the best brand for your requirements. Don’t spend a lot of your hard – earned money on something you won’t use.
The treadmill exercises of today are a lot more creative and challenging than what they were, say 10 years back. Now it is possible for you to find out exactly the number of calories you have burnt on a session, your heart beat level, your blood pressure level, etc. Buying a high- quality treadmill with lots of features is a good idea as this is one equipment you are going to use 10-15 years from now!