Posts Tagged ‘gastritis’
Contrary to popular perception, fasting may actually be beneficial and a “great treat” for the body. Depending on what you want, fasting can be complete abstinence from all kinds of food or specific food items. If you are concerned that fasting may case health dangers, this article will be an eye- opener.
* Fasting is a detoxification process. During the initial days of a fast, the body throws out toxins and water from each of its pores. As more days goes by, the body is cleansed of fat, mucus and diseased cells.
* During fasting, the body is on a “healing” and “conserve energy” mode.
* After a fast, people are more likely to have more energy than normally.
* After a fast, the body utilizes each article of food to its maximum limit. The body learns to release the maximum nutrients it can from the food it gets.
* Supervised fasting for a certain period of time helps the body find relief from a variety of health problems.
* Fasting helps overcome addictions to nicotine, alcohol, drug and caffeine as it reduces the withdrawal symptoms that happen.
* Fasting is extremely effective in lowering the cholesterol levels of the body.
* Fasting helps alleviate problems of the gastrointestinal system, like constipation, gastritis and bloating.
* A supervised fasting program is a great idea for diabetic patients as it will help them regulate their meal plans for the future.
* Fasting increases mental alertness by energy conservation of the body.