Posts Tagged ‘health’
Safe Weight Loss
Say NO to all fad diets and YES to a safe weight loss plan. Losing your health along with your pounds is not the smart thing to do! Here are tips to help you choose the right way to safe weight loss.
* Nothing, repeat nothing, can compare to a healthy eating plan. No cabbage soup diet or only- celery diet is going to make you lose weight safely and permanently. Adopting a healthy eating plan is so much easier and healthier. Wonder why people like cabbage soup so much?!
* A regular exercise program is central to safe weight loss. If you don’t exercise and keep starving yourself in a bid to lose weight, you can be sure of hurting your body.
* It is extremely important for you to opt for medical supervision if you are planning to go on a modified eating plan, such as the Atkins Diet, No- Carbs diet or a 3 – Day Diet. You have to let your doctor know that you are going on such a diet to make sure that your health does not suffer.
* A weight loss plan that promotes the idea of a slow and gradual weight loss process is better than a quick – fix “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” plan. The latter is NOT SAFE.
* Choose a weight loss plan that you can continue for the rest of your life. This will help you keep off the unwanted weight for years to come.
A vegetarian diet comes with a number of health benefits. The great thing about a vegetarian diet is that anyone can go for it and be benefited. It is suitable for all people, be they be young, old, fat, thin, healthy, unhealthy and a whole lot of other categories. There are 5 kinds of people who call themselves vegetarians.
1. Fruitarians - This class of people stays away from all processed foods and animal products.
2. Vegans - This class of people stays away from all animal products.
3. Lacto- vegetarians - This class of people consumes dairy products but not eggs.
4. Lacto-ovo-vegetarians - This class of people eats milk products and eggs.
5. Semi-vegetarians - Eats fish and chicken but stays away from red meat.
Apart from the 5th category of people, all are considered vegetarians all over the world. A vegetarian diet is a great option if you are trying to lose weight as it naturally makes for a low- calorie diet without you even trying. Also, a vegetarian diet lowers cholesterol, blood pressure and blood glucose level and promotes better health. The mainstays of a vegetarian diet are:
1. Fruit and vegetable - Include as many kinds of fruits and vegetables in your meals as you can as it will keep you away from being bored.
2. Grains and cereals - Brown rice, muesli and whole-wheat bread and pasta are great choices.
3. Dairy or soya products - Yogurt, milk and cheeses are great options.
4. Legumes, seeds and nuts - Almonds, cashews, lentils, soya beans, split peas and kidney beans are great ideas.