Posts Tagged ‘healthy diet’
Things You Just Can’t Afford To Do When You Are On A Diet!
A lot of people forget a few basic things when they are on a diet, out of excitement of being on a diet! So here’s a list of things you just can’t afford to do when you are on a diet. Have a look!
* Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter which diet you are on, don’t skip it.
* Don’t starve yourself. The reason is simple. If you starve one whole day, you are very likely to binge- eat the next.
* Drink enough water. If you drink when you are hungry, it means you are already dehydrated. So keep sipping.
* Get enough sleep. This is something you can’t compromise on. It’s okay if you don’t exercise one day, but not getting enough sleep is really bad.
* Don’t let the way other people’s bodies look like make you judge your own. You have to be the best you can be, but not according to other people’s body type.
* Don’t eat or snack in front of the television. It will make you eat more.
* Don’t eat just because its meal time. Eating when you are hungry is a great way to diet. It will keep you from eating a lot of excess foods.
* Keep simple, home- made snacks available. This will make you avoid the chips bag.
Keep these things in mind and you are sure to lose all the excess weight.
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
Simple Diet Dishes You Will Love!
Life for dieters is not an easy one. They are forbidden to eat anything good and stay away from anything that looks appetizing. Don’t worry, as there are many dishes that you can prepare easily which are low in calories and hence diet- worthy. Here are a few.
* Easy onion rings: With less than 175 calories in each serving, this is one dish that will be a favorite with all onion- lovers. For this you will require a couple of sweet onions, all- purpose flour, butter milk, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, a little sugar, salt to taste and water. All the items are expected to be available in your larder this moment!
* Nutella biscotti: This dish has only 90 calories. It requires Nutella, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, all- purpose flour, eggs, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt. It is easy to prepare as well. Just mix everything together and pop it in the oven!
* Stuffed mushrooms: If you love mushrooms, you are going to love this dish! It is easy to prepare and delicious to boot. Use the Pecorina Romano for this dish. Each serving will give you just 175 calories. For this flavorful dish, you need white mushrooms, some cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, fresh mint leaves, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
So what are you waiting for? Use these diet dish ideas to cook up a storm! Dieting doesn’t mean that you can’t eat, does it? Have fun!
The South Beach Diet
The South Beach Diet has become quite popular since 2003 when it was first published. It is a diet plan that one can keep to, as compared to crash diets. Here are a few points to note about the South Beach Diet.
* The diet has 3 phases. The first phase lasts 2 weeks and restricts the dieter from eating most carbohydrates, including most fruits, dairy products and sources of saturated fat. The second phase lasts as long as the dieter has lost all the weight he wants. The third phase is all about maintenance and has very few restrictions.
* The diet starts with quite a lot of restrictions in the first phase. Dieters are forbidden to eat fats and most types of carbohydrates. But in the next two phases, carbohydrates are progressively added as they start losing weight. Dieters are allowed a little amount of saturated fat in the last phase as well.
* This is a diet that encourages individual dieters to choose what they want to eat, especially in the last two phases. It does not have fixed meal plans that have to be kept to.
* It is actually quite easy to learn and get used to this diet. There are a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods to enjoy. When a dieter has choice, he is less likely to fall off the wagon and binge- eat.
* Overall, this diet is not over- restrictive and can be used successfully to lose excess weight.
How To Lose Weight Naturally
Losing weight is truly our national obsession and people spend thousands of dollars every year on pills and potions to make them lose weight fast. Losing weight is actually quite simple but we tend to make it complicated. Losing weight naturally is the best way to go about it and here are tips to help you do just that.
* If you are presently eating 2100 calories everyday, eating 1800 calories a day will make you lose weight. To lose weight, you will have to learn about the calorie content of each food you put in your mouth. Look up the internet for more information about the calorie content of foods you eat regularly and maintain a food diary where you write down everything. Make sure your total calorie intake des not increase the 1800 mark.
* Exercise regularly. Do something physical for 30 to 40 minutes a day at least 5 times a week. You can run, jog, walk or just play with your kids in the yard.
* Eat smaller portion sizes. If you eat 3 meals a day, change it to 5 or 6 meals. This will help you feel less hungry and keep you away from eating junk food.
* Stay away from junk foods like chips, chocolate, burgers and carbonates drinks. Instead, eat as much home- cooked meals as you can.
* Drink as much water as you can everyday.
* Do not skip meals. This will not only deplete the energy levels of your body, it will also rampage your weight loss goals.
How to Lose Weight Quickly?
If you want to know how to lose weight quickly, you have to understand one thing – there is no easy answer. Losing weight – quickly or gradually – takes work, dedication and discipline. There are a million diet pills out there that promise fast and dramatic weight loss and some of them actually deliver on that promise. The problem with those pills is that they are very seldom healthy and the trade off for your fast weight loss is a myriad of side effects that will probably make you wish you had decided to take another route.
A healthy diet and good exercise routine are both vital if you want to lose weight quickly. You don’t have to live in the gym and you can eat more than just lettuce and celery, but you have to cut out the junk food and fast food. If you have a fast food meal more than twice a week, you need to stop. Right now. Put down the potato chip bag, put away the take out menu and pull away from the drive-thru window. Yes, fast food is easy, convenient and tasty but it is also so ridiculously high in fat that you’ll lose weight just cutting out that junk alone.
Not eating fast food does not mean you have to get off work and spend an hour slaving over your stove. Instead of the fast food restaurant, however, hit up your local grocery store on your way home. There are many excellent (and healthy) frozen entrees you can just pop in your microwave and be enjoying just as quickly as a fast food meal. In addition, these entrees are much less expensive than the typical burger and fries and can be just as filling. Fine something you like and try out the different flavors. Read the packaging. The healthy choices often list the nutritional information directly on the box. Easy, convenient and tasty – just like a burger and fries.
Potato chips are easy as well and make a great snack for settling in for a night of TV watching, but the salt content alone is enough to make you gain weight, not lose it. When snack time comes, choose fresh fruit or veggies or air popped popcorn with little or no salt. You can buy vegetable or fruit trays that come pre-sliced and washed making them every bit as convenient as a bag of chips and every bit as delicious.
As far as exercise goes, invest in home fitness equipment. If you don’t have a lot of extra money – and these days, who does – scour local yard or garage sales, the internet classifieds or the classifieds in your local newspaper. You don’t need something top of the line. You just need something you can use to get in shape. Don’t work out any more than three times a week with at least a day in between your workouts. This gives your muscles time to heal and gives you the most fitness benefits.
Above all else, check with your doctor and see what your doctor recommends. This is a surprisingly fast way to lose weight and will get you looking and feeling better in no time.
Diets for Quick Weight Loss
Quick weight loss is the dream of many men and women across the country but is also a dream few people know how to realize. It takes a lot of work and dedication to lose weight quickly, but the results are well worth the effort. Exercise is a hugely important part of any quick weight loss program; especially a good cardiovascular routine. A good cardiovascular workout will help your body burn fat but will also boost your metabolism, so your body continues to burn fat faster after your workout is complete. This offers great benefits and taking advantage of these benefits doesn’t even need to be that difficult. If you’re willing to invest a little money into your quick weight loss plan, join a gym or buy home exercise equipment. You can buy excellent second hand exercise equipment or lower priced equipment that will serve you just as well as top of the line (and much higher priced) machines. Stick to working out twenty minutes three times a week and your body will look and feel better for it. If you want something less high-impact, take a long power walk or jog in the morning or before bed every day. This offers the same benefit as high impact cardio workouts without asking as much of your body at one time.
Exercise is important but without a healthy diet, you won’t lose weight as quickly as you would like. A healthy diet will boost your energy and make you feel better overall. The problem is that there are a lot of diets out there that promise quick weight loss, so choosing which one is right for you can be difficult. You need to make sure the diet you choose offers your body everything it needs to be healthy and work properly. The old cliché is true. Your body is a machine and you need to give it the right fuel for it to run properly. Starvation diets will help you lose weight quickly, but you will gain that weight back rapidly and often in greater amounts. It isn’t uncommon for someone to lose ten pounds in a short period of time on a starvation diet but gain back twenty or more. If you are looking for long term results, this is definitely not the way to go.
Diets for quick weight loss come in many forms. The cookie diet, the no-carb diet, the high-carb diet, the high-protein diet, the high-fiber diet and all diets of the like have been shown to offer great results, but each one of those diets robs the body of important components of its nutritional needs. A good diet for quick weight loss will focus on all aspects of your diet and will help you lose weight without depriving your body of anything it needs. Look for a diet that suggest substitutions you can make to your favorite recipes to make them healthy and offers alternative ways to prepare that meal to reduce the fat content. If you like the food you’re eating it will be much easier for you to stick to your diet. In addition, if the healthy meals you prepare are not much more difficult to prepare than the meals you would normally make, it will be even easier for you to stick to that diet.
If you want to lose weight a healthy diet is important. If you start eating healthier, you will lose weight much more quickly but you may also be surprised to see how many other improvements you notice in your life. Eating healthier offers a wide range of benefits beyond simply helping you lose weight. Your mood will improve. You’ll have more energy. You’ll get sick less often. Your skin will improve. You’ll even sleep better at night. The overall quality of your life will improve just by choose to eat healthier and sticking to it. The best benefit, however, is that you’ll feel better about yourself and as you lose weight, your confidence will only continue to improve. All of this starts with the diet.
Choosing to eat healthier doesn’t have to cost a lot of extra money and doesn’t have to take a lot of extra time and effort. You can still visit fast food restaurants if you don’t feel like cooking but instead of having a greasy, fat laden burger with a large salty fries, look for the healthy menu options. Now that it’s clear more of the population is concerned with their weight, many restaurants are offering healthier options. Have a large salad with light, or no, dressing. Skip the soda and choose fruit juice or water. Once in a while, choosing a burger is fine, but substitute the fries for a salad or, if you absolutely have to have those salty fried treats, order a small instead of a medium or a large.
Alcohol is your enemy if you are looking for a healthier diet, particularly if you want a healthier diet to lose weight. This is something a lot of people have trouble with. The occasional glass of wine with dinner isn’t a problem, but limit the alcohol you consume as much as possible. Alcohol slows your metabolism and dehydrates you making it much harder for your body to burn fat. If you’re going to have a few drinks with friends, drink water before and after you consume alcohol to reduce alcohol’s harmful effects – also a great way to avoid a painful hangover.
Cooking meals at home can be a challenge for people who are focusing on a healthy diet but cooking healthy meals doesn’t actually require much more expense and effort. The key is finding substitutions for the more high fat items you would normally cook with. Chicken and fish are great sources of protein and are also very versatile. Cook two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, dice them and add them to a salad with lots of fresh vegetables and you have a delicious meal that will be filling but low in fat. You can add a bit of dressing, but look for low fat options and don’t smother the salad with it. Usually, half a cup of low fat dressing on a family sized salad is more than enough.
While nuts are high in protein, they are also high in fat. You can add a handful of nuts to a salad to give it a little something extra, but should be careful not to use more than a handful. It might not look like there are many in there, but remember, the more nuts you add, the higher the fat content. If you are heading out to a restaurant that uses a lot of nuts in the dishes they serve, you can simply ask that they cook the dish without the nuts. Restaurants are generally more than happy to oblige.
How To Lose Weight?
Anyone who wants to lose weight is no doubt familiar with how difficult it can be to accomplish that goal. The truth is, however, that with patience and work, you can achieve your weight loss goal. It may take a few changes to your lifestyle and your eating habits, but those changes will pay off when you step on the scale and see how much weight you’ve lost or try on a pair of pants in your usual size and realize you need a smaller pair. To begin, you first need to look at the way you eat and how much exercise you get. Going on a diet alone is not enough to lose weight. Instead, losing weight requires a combination of a healthy diet and a good workout routine.
If you’re trying to lose weight, junk food is your enemy. While many people like to munch on chips while watching TV at the end of a long day, chips are very high in fat and sodium. Eating before bed is never a good idea either, as your body doesn’t have the chance to burn off those calories while you’re sleeping. That said, what is sitting down in front of the TV without something to snack on? Cutting out snacking completely will make it much harder to stick to your diet. Instead of chips, try sitting down with a plate of fresh fruit and vegetables. Most grocery stores sell trays of fruit and vegetable mixtures that have been pre-sliced and washed so all you’ll have to do is take the lid off the tray. This makes a great tasting snack that is low in fat and often costs little more than what you would pay for a typical bag of potato chips.
With more and more people trying to lose weight, fast food restaurants have started recognizing the trend and offer healthy alternatives on their menus. This means fast food is no longer out of the question for someone on a diet. Let’s be honest though, it isn’t always easy to pass up a burger. Every once in a while, maybe once every two weeks, get your burger, but substitute the fries for a side salad. It’s okay to treat yourself, but make sure it’s just that – a treat. It’s an even better idea to only treat yourself once a month, but for someone who eats fast food on a regular basis, it’s more realistic to aim for a slightly more frequent treat. As long as you stick to a healthy diet every other day of the month, you will still lose weight.
Exercise doesn’t have to be a horrible experience, either. Many people envision long periods of time on treadmills or stationary bikes but that doesn’t have to be the case. If treadmills aren’t your cup of tea, take long jogs or walks outside. Taking an hour long job each day is just as good as twenty minutes on a treadmill. If you choose high impact workouts, stick to twenty minute sessions three times a week. Any more than that and you will be over working your body and will do more harm than good. Between your treadmill days, work on building lean muscle by working out with weights or doing yoga or Pilates. This gives you a good, well rounded workout that won’t put too much stress on your body and will be much easier to stick to than a routine that keeps you in the gym all of the time.