Posts Tagged ‘healthy eating’
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
How To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks
The most important thing you need to understand if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks is that food is not the enemy. Food is essential to your bodily functions and you can’t do without it. Don’t plan to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks, as that will have you starving – which is not a good thing for the [physical and emotional well-being of your body. Have a more realistic goal. Here are tips to help you lose weight in 2 weeks.
1). Stop eating junk. If you want to do that, you have to stop buying them, right? Just stop shopping for chips, chocolates, ice creams and other junk food.
2). Totally stop drinking carbonated fizzy drinks. Buy mineral water instead.
3). Utilize your lunch hour to aid in your weight loss goal. Take a brisk walk for half of your lunch hour. Not only will it help you digest your lunch better, it will also make you feel more energized.
4). Exercise everyday if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks. At least 30- 40 minutes of doing something you like is good enough. You can spend time at the local gym, swim, cycle, jog or brisk walk- whatever suits you.
5). Eat 5 to 6 small meals everyday. Limit your portion sizes. Try to eat home- cooked, reduced- calorie meals everyday.
6). Drink 7-8 glasses of water everyday.
If you follow these tips for 2 weeks diligently, nothing can stop you from losing weight.
Safe Weight Loss
Say NO to all fad diets and YES to a safe weight loss plan. Losing your health along with your pounds is not the smart thing to do! Here are tips to help you choose the right way to safe weight loss.
* Nothing, repeat nothing, can compare to a healthy eating plan. No cabbage soup diet or only- celery diet is going to make you lose weight safely and permanently. Adopting a healthy eating plan is so much easier and healthier. Wonder why people like cabbage soup so much?!
* A regular exercise program is central to safe weight loss. If you don’t exercise and keep starving yourself in a bid to lose weight, you can be sure of hurting your body.
* It is extremely important for you to opt for medical supervision if you are planning to go on a modified eating plan, such as the Atkins Diet, No- Carbs diet or a 3 – Day Diet. You have to let your doctor know that you are going on such a diet to make sure that your health does not suffer.
* A weight loss plan that promotes the idea of a slow and gradual weight loss process is better than a quick – fix “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” plan. The latter is NOT SAFE.
* Choose a weight loss plan that you can continue for the rest of your life. This will help you keep off the unwanted weight for years to come.
How to Lose Belly Fat?
When trying to get in shape, one of the most common questions people want answered is how to lose belly fat. The truth is, it’s much easier than many people would have you believe. It will still take hard work, dedication and some changes to your lifestyle, but getting the belly of your dreams is not impossible. The reason many people have so much trouble eliminating belly fat is simple. To be successful, you need to focus on more than just exercise. Several factors come into play when you’re trying to get your stomach in shape and exercise is only one of those factors and in the grand scheme of things, it’s a fairly small factor.
The first step in losing belly fat is focusing on healthy eating. Exercise alone will help you lose weight, but it won’t do much for belly fat unless you are eating properly. In addition, a healthy diet will make you feel better emotionally and mentally, will help improve your sleep patterns and will give you more energy. All of these things are extremely important when you want to lose belly fat, and all of these things begin with your diet.
Fast food is convenient and easy but it’s also loaded with all of the things you want to avoid. That doesn’t mean you can’t grab something from a fast food restaurant when you don’t feel like cooking, it just means you have to look for the healthy options on the menu. This might mean you have to cut out your favorite fast food restaurant most of the time, but the benefits are worth it. A meal from your favorite restaurant can be a great treat every once in a while, but choose healthy food for the majority of your meals.
In terms of exercise, it is important to choose a well-rounded routine that gives you a total body workout. Yoga and Pilates are great options for improving flexibility, burning fat and building muscle that are low impact and can be done every day. You will also, however, need a solid cardiovascular workout routine. A good cardio workout burns fat, builds muscle and boosts your metabolism so your body will be burning fat faster even when you aren’t working out. Stick to cardio no more than three times a week for no more than thirty minutes at a time to make sure you don’t overwork your body, and choose a routine you enjoy. It will be much easier to stick to your workout plan if you enjoy what you’re doing.
Targeted exercises also offer tremendous benefits for getting rid of belly fat, but it’s important to make sure you are working out every area of your body and not just your belly. Crunches are great for toning up your stomach, but without doing exercises that work other areas of your midsection, you’re going to end up with a muscular stomach that protrudes which many feel isn’t much better than having a little belly fat. Pilates and yoga will help with this as they both offer total body workouts, but if you are looking for something more, speak with a trainer at your gym and see what they would recommend.
Above all else, getting rid of belly fat will take time so be patient and stay optimistic. A good attitude can make all the difference. You might not see the results right away but you’ll feel better regardless and in time, you’ll notice that belly fat melting away.