Posts Tagged ‘lose pounds’
Swimming workouts are a great way to lose weight and stay fit. Whether you want to lose the pounds or are just looking for a healthier body, swimming workouts are great. Here are some swimming workout tips if you are planning to start out on a regular routine.
* Don’t swim for more than 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. It is enough to give you a whole- body workout and make you lose weight.
* Make sure that you are aware of exactly what your heart is feeling when you are doing a swimming workout. Over- stressing your heart by swimming for a longer time and at a faster pace than you should be will be counter- effective.
* Feeling tired and fatigued during the first few sessions is normal. If that is the case, it is a good idea to stop, take a breath and then continue.
* When you are performing a stroke, make sure that you stretch your body to its maximum. This will ensure that your whole body gets exercised.
* In between your swimming workouts, practice deep breathing.
* Do not start a swimming workout on an empty stomach. Eat at least a couple of crackers and a cup of milk. Swimming is a high-intensity exercise and your body needs energy to do it.
Safe Weight Loss
Say NO to all fad diets and YES to a safe weight loss plan. Losing your health along with your pounds is not the smart thing to do! Here are tips to help you choose the right way to safe weight loss.
* Nothing, repeat nothing, can compare to a healthy eating plan. No cabbage soup diet or only- celery diet is going to make you lose weight safely and permanently. Adopting a healthy eating plan is so much easier and healthier. Wonder why people like cabbage soup so much?!
* A regular exercise program is central to safe weight loss. If you don’t exercise and keep starving yourself in a bid to lose weight, you can be sure of hurting your body.
* It is extremely important for you to opt for medical supervision if you are planning to go on a modified eating plan, such as the Atkins Diet, No- Carbs diet or a 3 – Day Diet. You have to let your doctor know that you are going on such a diet to make sure that your health does not suffer.
* A weight loss plan that promotes the idea of a slow and gradual weight loss process is better than a quick – fix “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” plan. The latter is NOT SAFE.
* Choose a weight loss plan that you can continue for the rest of your life. This will help you keep off the unwanted weight for years to come.