Posts Tagged ‘lose weight’
Things You Just Can’t Afford To Do When You Are On A Diet!
A lot of people forget a few basic things when they are on a diet, out of excitement of being on a diet! So here’s a list of things you just can’t afford to do when you are on a diet. Have a look!
* Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter which diet you are on, don’t skip it.
* Don’t starve yourself. The reason is simple. If you starve one whole day, you are very likely to binge- eat the next.
* Drink enough water. If you drink when you are hungry, it means you are already dehydrated. So keep sipping.
* Get enough sleep. This is something you can’t compromise on. It’s okay if you don’t exercise one day, but not getting enough sleep is really bad.
* Don’t let the way other people’s bodies look like make you judge your own. You have to be the best you can be, but not according to other people’s body type.
* Don’t eat or snack in front of the television. It will make you eat more.
* Don’t eat just because its meal time. Eating when you are hungry is a great way to diet. It will keep you from eating a lot of excess foods.
* Keep simple, home- made snacks available. This will make you avoid the chips bag.
Keep these things in mind and you are sure to lose all the excess weight.
Eating Disorders And Dieting
Every one of you who have been thinking of going on a diet to lose excess weight must have thought about this at least once. Eating disorders and dieting is a topic that bothers all of us but it is not something we discuss a lot. So the question is, is there a link between the two?
Heavy dieting is in itself not an eating disorder. A lot of people diet heavily to lose weight for medical reasons as advised by their doctors, so that is not really a problem. But some studies have shown that adolescent girls who diet heavily are more than 18 times likely to develop an eating disorder than those who didn’t. Girls who dieted moderately were 5 times likely to develop an eating disorder. The problem is more apparent in adolescent girls and they have been found to be 7 times likelier than adolescent boys to develop an eating disorder. This information is quite upsetting for parents and wards of adolescent kids.
Is there any way one can diet and still lower the risk of an eating disorder? Yes! By exercising! Studies have shown that teenaged girls who dieted and exercised are less likely to develop an eating disorder than those who simply dieted.
Eating disorders is a serious issue. It is extremely important to be careful when dieting. The idea is never to over- do anything, not dieting nor exercising. As long as you do everything in moderation, there will be no complications.
Tips You Can Use To Lose Arm Fat
If you are someone who is always worried that her arms are too fat, here’s help. Read on for tips on how you can lose arm fat.
* Push-ups: This is a good old- fashioned way of losing your arm fat. Plain, old push-ups always seem to work when it comes to excess weight in arms. It is also a great exercise for losing overall body weight.
* Aerobic exercises: Cardiovascular exercises are a great way of losing arm fat. What you can do is, you can get hold of an aerobic video and do the exercises shown in it. You can also try dancing, running and jogging. They are great forms of aerobic exercises too.
* Eat sensible foods: This is very important. No matter how many times you pull up that dumbbell, if you don’t eat sensibly, all your efforts to lose arm fat are going to go down the drain. Avoiding processed foods and eating more of fresh fruits and vegetables is a good idea. Eating baked foods rather than fried, home- cooked meals rather than take- outs and low- calorie meals as much as you can, are things that are going to go a long way to help you.
The Best Exercises To Lose Weight Permanently
Want to lose weight? You can’t go far without exercise. Incorrectly performed exercises can actually ruin your weight loss plan. Here are the best exercises for you to do.
* Sitting and watching TV or reading: That’s not a joke really, as you do burn calories even when you are sitting and doing nothing physically. In fact, it is going to burn you one to two calories per minute.
* Light housework: Housework such as washing up or cleaning also burn calories. The higher the work that is performed, the higher the calories burnt will be.
* Walking: This is a great exercise to lose weight. Starting to walk at a slow pace and keeping on increasing it will ensure that you lose the excess weight permanently.
* Light jogging: This burns quite a lot of calories and can in fact, help you lose a tremendous amount of weight. Also, this is an exercise that can be performed safely by middle- added people too.
* Running: This is an aerobic exercise that can make you burn about 7 calories a minute. That is huge if you consider that you will be running about 30 minutes everyday.
* Weight training or sprinting: These are the very intensive exercises you can perform if you want to lose weight permanently. But doing it is not recommended if you are not someone whose physical health is optimal.
The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight permanently is being consistent.
Best Diet Tips You Will Find
Someone said that diets are like running shoes. You won’t run long if they don’t fit you right! Here are the best diet tips to help you choose the right diet.
* If you are starved for time, a meal delivery plan is perhaps your best bet. It works for those who have no time to prepare diet- ready dishes. Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Ediets, and Bistro M.D. are good ones. While choosing them, look at your budget and how much you can spend each month.
* If you have to travel a lot for work or otherwise, meal delivery plans are a bad idea. A Weight Watcher’s program is a good option as it gives you freedom and flexibility.
* There are lots of low- carb diets available and they are quite effective as well. But if you love your pasta and can’t think of going without sugar in your daily morning cuppa, stay away from them!
* If you love to cook, opting for a diet that is more freestyle and gives you the freedom to cook what you want as long as the ingredients are right and the dishes are low in calories is a good idea.
* If you are desperate to lose weight fast, a crash diet is the only way to go. The Cabbage Soup Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Lemonade Diet, etc. are popular options. They are more like fasts though!
* Make sure you exercise. Without it, all your diet plans are going to fall flat!
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Foods That Should Be There In Your Diet
If you are someone who wants to lose excess weight, there may be quite a few food items that have been banished from your refrigerator. And the funny thing is, you don’t even know why exactly you have banished them! So here’s a quick look at foods that should be there on your diet. Don’t dare banish them!
* Peanut butter: It may feel like indulgence to eat it, but it has health benefits you can’t ignore. Peanut butter lowers the risk of coronary heart disease. Though it is high in fat and calories, it is a good idea to snack on it as it is a wholesome food that quells hunger for a long time.
* Eggs: They are the best source of quality protein in the world and it would b a mistake to underestimate them. Your body needs protein, no two ways about it. With just 70 calories in a single egg, this is the greatest breakfast food.
* Coffee: This actually contains chemical compounds that are good for you. Have you noticed that coffee quells your hunger like no other food? Don’t ignore it if you want to lose weight.
* Avocado: Though it may see that they are high in fat, it’s actually good fat. Avocados lower the risk of prostrate cancer and contain disease-fighting compounds such as lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E.
* Mushroom: This is another wonderful diet food you can’t ignore. Did you know that five white button mushrooms have more potassium than an orange?
Best Diet Program
The best diet program is one that does not starve you but makes you lose weight at the same time. A proper diet will make you lose weight no matter what you weigh at the moment. Here are tips on how to go on the best diet program that will make you lose weight and keep it off.
* Setting small realistic goals which you know you can reach is very important. Setting a goal that is unrealistic will only make you de- motivated.
* Losing weight has to do a lot with you eating lesser calories your body needs to perform daily function. Eating reduced- calorie meals are important. But starving is no- no as it will only make you weak and your body susceptible to infections.
* Choose high-fiber foods like legumes, lentils, whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat pasta, brown bread, fruits and vegetables.
* Stay away from butter, cooking oil, too many nuts, red meat, etc. as much as you can. Eating chicken and eggs is a great way to get protein.
* Learn to cook healthy, reduced- calorie meals. Cooking food will give you the pleasure of preparing meals the way you like it and being as conscious about the food you eat as you can. Avoid restaurant food.
* Eat 5-6 meals everyday. Keep your meal portions small. Incorporate proteins, fats and carbs in each meal you eat.
* Maintain a food diary where you write exactly what you are eating and in what amounts.
Best Fat Burner
If you are looking for a fat burner which will help you lose weight fast, you are at the right place. This article gives you the low-down on the best fat burners available in the market.
Liporexall: This is a clinically advanced weight loss pill that is a very effective fat burner. It increases the metabolic hormones that are essential to burn fat, increases the lean muscle mass and tricks your body into thinking that your stomach is full. Agreed to by both experts and users, this is one of the very best fat burners available in the market.
Phenphedrine: This is a very powerful fat-burner and the great thing about it is that it is available without a prescription. It increases the insulin levels in the body to deliver energy to the muscles, making one lose excess fat. It will help you lose a lot of weight.
TestoRipped: This is another fat burner supplement that not only helps you lose excess fat, but also builds muscle and increases testosterone levels naturally. This fat burner is basically designed for men, though it is used by a lot of women with good effects.
DecaSlim: The best thing about this fat burner is that it comes with a Money Back guarantee. It is an effective product that will help you lose weight safely.
Xylestril: This fat burner is meant for women and uses the power of antioxidants to aid in weight loss and burn excess fat. It will help you feel great too.
How To Choose An Exercise Bike?
An exercise bike is a great fitness equipment. It offers a fabulous cardiovascular exercise. What’s more, it also helps you lose excess weight fast. If you are planning to buy an exercise bike for your home, here are tips that will help you make the right choice.
a). First consider whether you will be using the exercise bike regularly. There is no point buying fitness equipment for just a week’s use. Are you sure that it is something you really want? If yes, then go ahead and buy it.
b). Don’t buy equipment if you are not comfortable with it. If other people in your house are also going to be using it, make sure that everyone goes to the store and tries the equipment out before buying.
c). A noisy exercise bike is quite an irritant. Buy an equipment that makes the least amount of noise. Even a low- level noise everyday for a long period of time is enough to drive you crazy.
d). It is a very good idea to buy an exercise bike from a physical store rather than online. This is because you get to test a number of equipment at your local store before choosing one that is right for you.
e). Check whether the bike is sturdy enough to withstand long- term use before buying.
f). You may need to buy an exercise mat on which to place your bike so that your floor doesn’t get damaged.
g). Understand the maintenance methods before buying.