Posts Tagged ‘portion control’
Best Diet Program
The best diet program is one that does not starve you but makes you lose weight at the same time. A proper diet will make you lose weight no matter what you weigh at the moment. Here are tips on how to go on the best diet program that will make you lose weight and keep it off.
* Setting small realistic goals which you know you can reach is very important. Setting a goal that is unrealistic will only make you de- motivated.
* Losing weight has to do a lot with you eating lesser calories your body needs to perform daily function. Eating reduced- calorie meals are important. But starving is no- no as it will only make you weak and your body susceptible to infections.
* Choose high-fiber foods like legumes, lentils, whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat pasta, brown bread, fruits and vegetables.
* Stay away from butter, cooking oil, too many nuts, red meat, etc. as much as you can. Eating chicken and eggs is a great way to get protein.
* Learn to cook healthy, reduced- calorie meals. Cooking food will give you the pleasure of preparing meals the way you like it and being as conscious about the food you eat as you can. Avoid restaurant food.
* Eat 5-6 meals everyday. Keep your meal portions small. Incorporate proteins, fats and carbs in each meal you eat.
* Maintain a food diary where you write exactly what you are eating and in what amounts.
How To Lose Weight At Home
Tired of spending hours at the local gym tying to lose weight? Well, there are ways in which you can lose weight at home. How? Find out by reading on!
* Whatever you do, do not skip any meals, especially not breakfast. Skipping meals will make your body think that it is starving and have it store up all fats. This will make it difficult to lose weight. Eat regular meals.
* Adopt a healthy reduced- calorie meal plan where you eat less than what your body needs to perform daily physical functions but enough for it to maintain an equilibrium.
* If you are used to eat 3 large meals a day, break it up into 5 or 6 small meals. Every meal should have a share of proteins, carbs and fats.
* Eat at least 5 to 6 servings of fresh fruits and veggies every day. This will fill up your body with fiber, which will make it feel fuller longer and keep you away from snacking.
* Eat as much wholesome fresh foods as you can. Avoid canned and processed foods.
* For snacking options, choose from nuts, freshly cut veggies with your favorite dips, slices of fruits, low- fat yogurt or a cup of skimmed milk with a teaspoon of honey. TV snacking is a strict no- no.
* Control your portion sizes. Eat from a small dark- colored plate.
* Exercise for at least 30- 40 minutes 5 days a week. Cycling, jogging, brisk walking or swimming- choose whatever you enjoy doing.