Posts Tagged ‘sessions’
Swimming workouts are a great way to lose weight and stay fit. Whether you want to lose the pounds or are just looking for a healthier body, swimming workouts are great. Here are some swimming workout tips if you are planning to start out on a regular routine.
* Don’t swim for more than 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. It is enough to give you a whole- body workout and make you lose weight.
* Make sure that you are aware of exactly what your heart is feeling when you are doing a swimming workout. Over- stressing your heart by swimming for a longer time and at a faster pace than you should be will be counter- effective.
* Feeling tired and fatigued during the first few sessions is normal. If that is the case, it is a good idea to stop, take a breath and then continue.
* When you are performing a stroke, make sure that you stretch your body to its maximum. This will ensure that your whole body gets exercised.
* In between your swimming workouts, practice deep breathing.
* Do not start a swimming workout on an empty stomach. Eat at least a couple of crackers and a cup of milk. Swimming is a high-intensity exercise and your body needs energy to do it.