Posts Tagged ‘swimming’
How To Lose Weight At Home
Tired of spending hours at the local gym tying to lose weight? Well, there are ways in which you can lose weight at home. How? Find out by reading on!
* Whatever you do, do not skip any meals, especially not breakfast. Skipping meals will make your body think that it is starving and have it store up all fats. This will make it difficult to lose weight. Eat regular meals.
* Adopt a healthy reduced- calorie meal plan where you eat less than what your body needs to perform daily physical functions but enough for it to maintain an equilibrium.
* If you are used to eat 3 large meals a day, break it up into 5 or 6 small meals. Every meal should have a share of proteins, carbs and fats.
* Eat at least 5 to 6 servings of fresh fruits and veggies every day. This will fill up your body with fiber, which will make it feel fuller longer and keep you away from snacking.
* Eat as much wholesome fresh foods as you can. Avoid canned and processed foods.
* For snacking options, choose from nuts, freshly cut veggies with your favorite dips, slices of fruits, low- fat yogurt or a cup of skimmed milk with a teaspoon of honey. TV snacking is a strict no- no.
* Control your portion sizes. Eat from a small dark- colored plate.
* Exercise for at least 30- 40 minutes 5 days a week. Cycling, jogging, brisk walking or swimming- choose whatever you enjoy doing.
How To Lose Weight Fast And Easy
Do you want to lose weight fast? Actually it is as easy as this: Step 1 – Eat less; Step 2 – Exercise and Step 3 – Repeat Step 1 and 2. No, this is not a joke! It’s the truth. Losing weight is simple but most of us make it very complicated by going on extremely difficult and complex diet plans. Here are simple ways you can lose weight fast and easy.
* Start right now: This may seem silly to you, but the fact is that NOW is the best time to start losing weight! Yes, that’s right. As soon as you finish reading this, just go out for a brisk walk. There, you have started!
* Set clear goals: Find out exactly how much weight you want to lose. 10 pounds in 20 days? When you decide what you want, you will find out ways to achieve it no matter what.
* Drink lots of water: At least 8-9 glasses of water everyday while on a weight- reduction plan is important. Not only will it keep your body well hydrated, it will also keep you feeling less hungry.
* Do not skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast is a bad idea if you are trying to lose weight, as any one will tell you. It will make you hungrier at lunch and you will end up eating too much.
* Exercise: Exercise 5 days a week, if not everyday. Do what you enjoy, be it jogging, walking, cycling or swimming or playing with your kids.
Swimming workouts are a great way to lose weight and stay fit. Whether you want to lose the pounds or are just looking for a healthier body, swimming workouts are great. Here are some swimming workout tips if you are planning to start out on a regular routine.
* Don’t swim for more than 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. It is enough to give you a whole- body workout and make you lose weight.
* Make sure that you are aware of exactly what your heart is feeling when you are doing a swimming workout. Over- stressing your heart by swimming for a longer time and at a faster pace than you should be will be counter- effective.
* Feeling tired and fatigued during the first few sessions is normal. If that is the case, it is a good idea to stop, take a breath and then continue.
* When you are performing a stroke, make sure that you stretch your body to its maximum. This will ensure that your whole body gets exercised.
* In between your swimming workouts, practice deep breathing.
* Do not start a swimming workout on an empty stomach. Eat at least a couple of crackers and a cup of milk. Swimming is a high-intensity exercise and your body needs energy to do it.
Fat Burning Exercises
Is it difficult for you to find clothes that fit you? If the answer is yes, then it’s high time that you did something about your weight. Diets will come and go, depending on which celebrity endorses them, but exercises are a permanent fixture of any weight loss plan. If you seriously want to lose weight, try out these fat burning exercises and see the difference it makes to your body!
a) Jogging: This is a great fat – burning exercise that has multiple benefits. Not only does it help you burn calories, it also tones your legs, thighs and calf muscles, thereby giving you a body that is shapely. It is a good idea to jog at a moderate pace at the beginning before increasing.
b) Squatting: This is another great fat – burning exercise that tones your legs and calf muscles and also ensures that fat from the lower part of your abdomen melts as well. It will also help you reduce your overall weight.
c) Swimming: A wonderful exercise that is also fun, swimming is something that should b incorporated as part of your daily routine. If you are not a swimmer, join up at the local club to learn. An hour spent swimming will help you reduce 600-800 calories.
d) Sit Ups: Another good fat – burning exercise that will directly affect the fat around your stomach, the area that is most difficult to lose weight from.
Do these fat burning exercises regularly and complement it with a sensible meal plan.
If you are trying to lose weight, it is important that you regularly perform some exercises along with eating a well – balanced diet. Exercises are tiring and at the end of a hard day at work, you want easy exercises that are fun. Here are some easy exercises for you to try out.
1) Cycling: This is a great exercise, not only because it is a wonderful calorie – burner but because it is so much fun to do. Cycling outdoors is a very enjoyable activity but if you want to cycle at home, invest in a stationary cycle and exercise as you watch TV. It will keep your mind distracted and your body exercised!
2) Swimming: Another great exercise that is easy and fun to do. The good thing about swimming is that you don’t really feel tired because the water is cooling down your body constantly. What’s more, spending an hour in the pool will burn you up to 800 calories!
3) Walking: A very easy exercise, walking briskly gives you a great cardio workout. Not only will it make you burn calories, it will also lead to toned – up legs, calves, stomach and abs. It is very easy to incorporate brisk walking as part of your daily life. Just get off the bus two stops before your home and walk the rest of the way!
4) Dancing: Another easy exercise that is fun and one which targets your entire body. Burning 600 – 800 calories an hour dancing is no big deal!