Posts Tagged ‘weight loss plan’
The Best Life Diet Plan
The Best Life Diet Plan is a plan that is meant to be carried on throughout your life. If you are someone who wants to lose weight and are looking for a diet plan that is not overly- restrictive and one which you can make a part of your lifestyle, this is perhaps an option.
* Phase 1: This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks. After the dieter weighs himself at the start of the diet, he will be allowed 3 stipulated meals and at least 1 snack for the period. No alcohol is allowed and daily health supplements have to be taken. After 4 weeks, if it is found that the desired weight loss has taken place, the dieter has to move on to the next phase. If not, he will have to continue in this phase for a week or two.
* Phase 2: This is the phase when the dieter has to understand his emotions behind eating and find out what his problem foods are. He also has to remove 3 empty problem foods from his diet and exercise more intensively than in the first phase. This phase will continue for a minimum of 4 weeks.
* Phase 3: This is to be continued for life once the desired weight loss has been reached. In this phase, the dieter will have to improve the quality of food in his diet and increase exercise levels if possible. Removing unhealthy foods and adding more wholesome ones from the diet is also important.
Fasting Weight Loss
A beach party coming up and you just need to lose weight to fit into the new bikini you bought? Why not try a fasting weight loss plan? A fasting weight loss plan is one which is a very reduced- calorie meal plan. It also lets you detoxify your body. The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t be on this diet for more tan 6- 7 days at a stretch.
1). When you wake up in the morning, you can either have a slice of whole wheat toast with a slice of turkey or a cup of 0% fat milk or 2 kiwis with a little honey or 2 apples or a glass of orange juice.
2). For lunch, you can either have a tuna salad or a little soup with boiled chicken or steamed mixed vegetables like carrot and broccoli or a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a little honey or a cup of 0% fat yogurt.
3). For dinner, you can have an omelet with 2 egg whites and a little 0% fat yogurt.
4). Drinking as much water as you can while you are on this diet is a must. This is because water will help you feel less hungry. It will also drive away the toxins in your body and keep it refreshed and hydrated.
5). You can use the fasting weight loss diet to lose weight quick. But make sure you leave a gap of at least a week before resuming this diet.
Permanent Weight Loss
If you are looking to lose weight and keeping it off, a permanent weight loss plan is the thing for you. You have to choose a weight loss plan that will suit your lifestyle and keep you fit. Here are tips for permeated weight loss that will work on everyone.
* Reduce the carbohydrate content in your diet. Eating fewer carbohydrates will most certainly help you lose weight. It will also help you feel full longer and make you stay away from snacks. This will eventually help you in permanently keeping the pounds off.
* Reduce the fat content in your diet. Fat contains more calories than either carbohydrates or proteins and decreasing the amount of butter, oil and other fatty items everyday from your meals will help you lose weight.
* Eat as much vegetables as you can. While out shopping, look for vegetables that have a low Glycemic index, are low in starch, high in fiber and full of essential nutrients. Having 3-4 servings of veggies everyday is a great idea. Your digestion will improve and you will find yourself less prone to snacking.
* Eat at least 25 gm of fiber everyday.
* Avoid fad diets if you want permanent weight loss. They will only make you gain back all the weight you lost before you can say “WEIGHT LOSS”!
* Exercise everyday. Simple free- hand exercises, jogging, cycling, swimming or brisk walking at least 4-5 times a day should be a part of your routine.
Safe Weight Loss
Say NO to all fad diets and YES to a safe weight loss plan. Losing your health along with your pounds is not the smart thing to do! Here are tips to help you choose the right way to safe weight loss.
* Nothing, repeat nothing, can compare to a healthy eating plan. No cabbage soup diet or only- celery diet is going to make you lose weight safely and permanently. Adopting a healthy eating plan is so much easier and healthier. Wonder why people like cabbage soup so much?!
* A regular exercise program is central to safe weight loss. If you don’t exercise and keep starving yourself in a bid to lose weight, you can be sure of hurting your body.
* It is extremely important for you to opt for medical supervision if you are planning to go on a modified eating plan, such as the Atkins Diet, No- Carbs diet or a 3 – Day Diet. You have to let your doctor know that you are going on such a diet to make sure that your health does not suffer.
* A weight loss plan that promotes the idea of a slow and gradual weight loss process is better than a quick – fix “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” plan. The latter is NOT SAFE.
* Choose a weight loss plan that you can continue for the rest of your life. This will help you keep off the unwanted weight for years to come.
Natural Weight Loss Pills
With the rising number of obese and overweight people around the world, it is no wonder that most of us are looking for the perfect weight loss plan. A great way to supplement your weight loss plan is to take a natural weight loss pill. But which one should you choose? Here’s help!
1) Guarana: This is a natural plant extract that has double the amount of caffeine as is present in coffee. It works as a supplement and is known to be an effective component of natural weight loss pills.
2) Hoodia: An extremely popular natural weight loss product, hoodia is an appetite-suppressant. People have found it to be effective in suppressing the appetite and thereby aiding weight loss.
3) Chitosan: Another natural weight loss pill, this is believed to reduce the absorption of fat by the body. A lot of people have been known to benefit from it.
4) Bitter Orange: This is a natural weight loss pill which is known to aid in weight loss, but has reportedly been found to have adverse side effects if administered for a long time.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar: This is known as an appetite-suppressant as well as a fat-burner. Administering this natural weight loss pill for a prolonged time or in larger doses than what has been prescribed is a no – no.
With so many options, choosing the right weight loss pill must be easy. But remember, there is no substitute for well-balanced meals and regular exercise.
Low Carb Diet
Do you want to lose weight fast? Though there are several weight loss plans available, a low – carb diet is one of the most popular. For information on how to go about on a low carb diet, read on.
a.) Gather information: Gather as much information as you can about low – carb diets. Find out which one suits you and your lifestyle and how much weight you will be able to lose if you are on it. Keep a food diary.
b.) Easy changes: Before starting on a full – fledged low – carb diet, start by making some easy changes where you cut off unhealthy carbs from your diet. This will make the process easier.
c.) Decide on a diet: There are many low – calorie diet options for you to choose from. It is important that you select one depending on the kind of food you eat.
d.) Plan your meals every week: Going on a low – carb diet is not easy as a lot of the food we usually eat is carbs. Planning what you can eat is important if you eat out regularly. Avoiding all white foods, chocolates and sweets is a good start.
e.) Familiarize with the diet: Familiarizing with what you can eat and what you cannot on a low – carb diet will help you come with options easily.
f.) Support: Let your friends and family know that you are on a diet. Ask them to support you as much as they can in your endeavor to lose weight.
The Grapefruit Diet is one of the oldest diets known to us and has been around since the 1930’s. This is one diet that has stood the test of time because of its efficacy. People on this 12 – day diet swear that it has helped them lose 8-10 pounds during this time period. If you are looking for a perfect weight loss plan, this may be just the right diet for you! So what is the Grapefruit Diet all about?
* Breakfast: 2 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, 8 ounces grapefruit juice or half a grapefruit and black coffee.
* Lunch: A salad with dressing, unlimited amount of meat and 8 ounces grapefruit juice or half a grapefruit.
* Dinner: Green or red vegetables (no starchy vegetables such as sweet potato, corn or beans allowed), unlimited fish or meat and 8 ounces grapefruit juice or half a grapefruit.
* Before-bed snacks: 8 ounces of skimmed milk.
The great thing about the Grapefruit diet and the reason why more and more people are trying it out is that it does not make you starve. Instead, it makes you prepare foods anyway you want, including using as much butter or oil as you want and using any kind of salad dressing.
In fact, the Grapefruit Diet is considered by many as one that sowed the seed for the Atkins’ Diet, another high – protein, very low-carb diet. Remember to exercise when you are on this diet. Also, being on this diet for more than the recommended 12 days is a strict no–no.
Fat Burning Exercises
Is it difficult for you to find clothes that fit you? If the answer is yes, then it’s high time that you did something about your weight. Diets will come and go, depending on which celebrity endorses them, but exercises are a permanent fixture of any weight loss plan. If you seriously want to lose weight, try out these fat burning exercises and see the difference it makes to your body!
a) Jogging: This is a great fat – burning exercise that has multiple benefits. Not only does it help you burn calories, it also tones your legs, thighs and calf muscles, thereby giving you a body that is shapely. It is a good idea to jog at a moderate pace at the beginning before increasing.
b) Squatting: This is another great fat – burning exercise that tones your legs and calf muscles and also ensures that fat from the lower part of your abdomen melts as well. It will also help you reduce your overall weight.
c) Swimming: A wonderful exercise that is also fun, swimming is something that should b incorporated as part of your daily routine. If you are not a swimmer, join up at the local club to learn. An hour spent swimming will help you reduce 600-800 calories.
d) Sit Ups: Another good fat – burning exercise that will directly affect the fat around your stomach, the area that is most difficult to lose weight from.
Do these fat burning exercises regularly and complement it with a sensible meal plan.
Diets for Quick Weight Loss
Quick weight loss is the dream of many men and women across the country but is also a dream few people know how to realize. It takes a lot of work and dedication to lose weight quickly, but the results are well worth the effort. Exercise is a hugely important part of any quick weight loss program; especially a good cardiovascular routine. A good cardiovascular workout will help your body burn fat but will also boost your metabolism, so your body continues to burn fat faster after your workout is complete. This offers great benefits and taking advantage of these benefits doesn’t even need to be that difficult. If you’re willing to invest a little money into your quick weight loss plan, join a gym or buy home exercise equipment. You can buy excellent second hand exercise equipment or lower priced equipment that will serve you just as well as top of the line (and much higher priced) machines. Stick to working out twenty minutes three times a week and your body will look and feel better for it. If you want something less high-impact, take a long power walk or jog in the morning or before bed every day. This offers the same benefit as high impact cardio workouts without asking as much of your body at one time.
Exercise is important but without a healthy diet, you won’t lose weight as quickly as you would like. A healthy diet will boost your energy and make you feel better overall. The problem is that there are a lot of diets out there that promise quick weight loss, so choosing which one is right for you can be difficult. You need to make sure the diet you choose offers your body everything it needs to be healthy and work properly. The old cliché is true. Your body is a machine and you need to give it the right fuel for it to run properly. Starvation diets will help you lose weight quickly, but you will gain that weight back rapidly and often in greater amounts. It isn’t uncommon for someone to lose ten pounds in a short period of time on a starvation diet but gain back twenty or more. If you are looking for long term results, this is definitely not the way to go.
Diets for quick weight loss come in many forms. The cookie diet, the no-carb diet, the high-carb diet, the high-protein diet, the high-fiber diet and all diets of the like have been shown to offer great results, but each one of those diets robs the body of important components of its nutritional needs. A good diet for quick weight loss will focus on all aspects of your diet and will help you lose weight without depriving your body of anything it needs. Look for a diet that suggest substitutions you can make to your favorite recipes to make them healthy and offers alternative ways to prepare that meal to reduce the fat content. If you like the food you’re eating it will be much easier for you to stick to your diet. In addition, if the healthy meals you prepare are not much more difficult to prepare than the meals you would normally make, it will be even easier for you to stick to that diet.
Weight Loss Tips
For some lucky people, losing weight is easy. They make a few changes in their diet, hit the gym once in a while and have great success. For others – the majority of us – losing weight is much more difficult. The key to losing weight is dedication and discipline. You need to recognize and admit to yourself that losing weight is more of a struggle for you and that you need to work harder at it than other people. It isn’t your fault. It’s the way your body works. The most important weight loss tip is also the first step in developing a good weight loss plan – get in the right mind set. Believe you can lose the weight no matter how many times you have tried and failed. Each one of those fails simply means you haven’t yet found the weight loss method that works for you. It doesn’t mean you aren’t able to lose the weight you want to lose. If you believe you can’t, you won’t. It sounds cheesy and cliché but it’s the truth. Think positively. You’ll be in a better mood and you’ll also be much more motivated to push yourself to achieve your goal.
Making simple changes to your lifestyle is a great way to lose weight and it doesn’t even have to be all that hard. A busy work life often makes losing weight more difficult especially if you have an office job that requires you to sit behind a desk for much of your day. After a long day at work it is hard to get motivated to hit the gym, to prepare a healthy dinner and a healthy lunch for work the next day. Losing weight does not mean you have to skip fast food, though. It just means you have to make smarter decisions and resist temptation when you’re at a fast food restaurant. Instead of a greasy burger and salty fries, choose a salad. Many fast food establishments are recognizing the need to offer healthy alternatives on their menu. Take advantage of that. Some of the salads are more tasty and satisfying than any burger on the menu.
For lunch at work, pick up fresh fruit or vegetable trays at your local grocery store. It won’t take any longer to pick up one of these than it would be to pick up fast food or a bag of potato chips. Many people feel that they can skip lunch at work and it will help them lose weight, but the truth is, it has the exact opposite effect. If you don’t eat at work you’ll be hungrier when you leave and will eat more at dinner. You’ll also be much more likely to snack after dinner. Making sure you have a healthy lunch at work will also give you more energy throughout the day and help you get through the second half of your work day without getting groggy and tired.
Instead of taking the elevator or escalator at work, leave yourself a little extra time and take the stairs. It might not seem like a big deal, but it will get your heart rate up and will give you a nice, low impact workout. If you live close enough to work to walk, by all means, leave the car at home and use your feet. You car will still be there for rainy days, but the more exercise you get throughout the day, the less you’ll have to do when you get home.