Posts Tagged ‘workout’
Swimming workouts are a great way to lose weight and stay fit. Whether you want to lose the pounds or are just looking for a healthier body, swimming workouts are great. Here are some swimming workout tips if you are planning to start out on a regular routine.
* Don’t swim for more than 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. It is enough to give you a whole- body workout and make you lose weight.
* Make sure that you are aware of exactly what your heart is feeling when you are doing a swimming workout. Over- stressing your heart by swimming for a longer time and at a faster pace than you should be will be counter- effective.
* Feeling tired and fatigued during the first few sessions is normal. If that is the case, it is a good idea to stop, take a breath and then continue.
* When you are performing a stroke, make sure that you stretch your body to its maximum. This will ensure that your whole body gets exercised.
* In between your swimming workouts, practice deep breathing.
* Do not start a swimming workout on an empty stomach. Eat at least a couple of crackers and a cup of milk. Swimming is a high-intensity exercise and your body needs energy to do it.
Weight Loss Workouts
Are you looking to lose weight? It would be a mistake to worry yourself silly about which of the latest fad diets you are going to go on; whether it’s going to be the Cabbage Soup Diet or the Atkins Diet. The best way to lose the pounds and keep it off is by exercise, and you know it. So what are the best weight loss workouts? Well, the best weight loss workouts are something that doesn’t stress you out and keep you dreading your exercise routine everyday. Here’s a lowdown on weight loss workouts.
What it is not:
* It is not spending an hour- and- a- half at the gym each day of the week.
* It is not running 5 miles everyday.
* It is not swimming till your arms and legs ache.
What it should be:
* It should be something that you love to do.
* It should be something that will see you build up a little bit of sweat.
* It should be something that you will enjoy doing for 30-40 minutes 4-5 times a week.
Now that you are aware of what a weight loss workout should and should not be, it will be easy to incorporate a form of exercise in your daily life. If you have children, why not play with them a sport you all enjoy? Make this a routine every afternoon after they return from school.
The best weight loss workouts are something that you enjoy doing and can keep up with.
Weight Loss Tips
For some lucky people, losing weight is easy. They make a few changes in their diet, hit the gym once in a while and have great success. For others – the majority of us – losing weight is much more difficult. The key to losing weight is dedication and discipline. You need to recognize and admit to yourself that losing weight is more of a struggle for you and that you need to work harder at it than other people. It isn’t your fault. It’s the way your body works. The most important weight loss tip is also the first step in developing a good weight loss plan – get in the right mind set. Believe you can lose the weight no matter how many times you have tried and failed. Each one of those fails simply means you haven’t yet found the weight loss method that works for you. It doesn’t mean you aren’t able to lose the weight you want to lose. If you believe you can’t, you won’t. It sounds cheesy and cliché but it’s the truth. Think positively. You’ll be in a better mood and you’ll also be much more motivated to push yourself to achieve your goal.
Making simple changes to your lifestyle is a great way to lose weight and it doesn’t even have to be all that hard. A busy work life often makes losing weight more difficult especially if you have an office job that requires you to sit behind a desk for much of your day. After a long day at work it is hard to get motivated to hit the gym, to prepare a healthy dinner and a healthy lunch for work the next day. Losing weight does not mean you have to skip fast food, though. It just means you have to make smarter decisions and resist temptation when you’re at a fast food restaurant. Instead of a greasy burger and salty fries, choose a salad. Many fast food establishments are recognizing the need to offer healthy alternatives on their menu. Take advantage of that. Some of the salads are more tasty and satisfying than any burger on the menu.
For lunch at work, pick up fresh fruit or vegetable trays at your local grocery store. It won’t take any longer to pick up one of these than it would be to pick up fast food or a bag of potato chips. Many people feel that they can skip lunch at work and it will help them lose weight, but the truth is, it has the exact opposite effect. If you don’t eat at work you’ll be hungrier when you leave and will eat more at dinner. You’ll also be much more likely to snack after dinner. Making sure you have a healthy lunch at work will also give you more energy throughout the day and help you get through the second half of your work day without getting groggy and tired.
Instead of taking the elevator or escalator at work, leave yourself a little extra time and take the stairs. It might not seem like a big deal, but it will get your heart rate up and will give you a nice, low impact workout. If you live close enough to work to walk, by all means, leave the car at home and use your feet. You car will still be there for rainy days, but the more exercise you get throughout the day, the less you’ll have to do when you get home.