Archive for the ‘Exercise Equipment’ Category
How To Choose An Exercise Bike?
An exercise bike is a great fitness equipment. It offers a fabulous cardiovascular exercise. What’s more, it also helps you lose excess weight fast. If you are planning to buy an exercise bike for your home, here are tips that will help you make the right choice.
a). First consider whether you will be using the exercise bike regularly. There is no point buying fitness equipment for just a week’s use. Are you sure that it is something you really want? If yes, then go ahead and buy it.
b). Don’t buy equipment if you are not comfortable with it. If other people in your house are also going to be using it, make sure that everyone goes to the store and tries the equipment out before buying.
c). A noisy exercise bike is quite an irritant. Buy an equipment that makes the least amount of noise. Even a low- level noise everyday for a long period of time is enough to drive you crazy.
d). It is a very good idea to buy an exercise bike from a physical store rather than online. This is because you get to test a number of equipment at your local store before choosing one that is right for you.
e). Check whether the bike is sturdy enough to withstand long- term use before buying.
f). You may need to buy an exercise mat on which to place your bike so that your floor doesn’t get damaged.
g). Understand the maintenance methods before buying.
If you are planning to invest in a pair of jogging shoes, you are at the right place. This article will tell you how to shop for jogging shoes that are perfect for you.
* Evaluate what your foot shape is. If you are a Supinator, you will need a curved- sole with lateral stability. If you are a Pronator, you will require support on the internal side of the mid sole.
* Finding the right fit for your jogging shoes is very important as an ill- fitted pair will dampen your jogging plans. Try several pairs out in the store wearing the socks you are going to wear while you jog. Buy the most comfortable pair you can find, even if it is expensive.
* Make sure you ask the store sales person whether you are allowed to test-jog the shoes outdoors. A good shoe store will let you do that and it will help you get an idea of how it feels to be out in the open wearing those shoes. This will help you in making the right choice. A good jogging shoe is all about comfort and support.
* Don’t by from a store which does not offer you a guarantee. A good jogging shoe is not exactly cheap and a guarantee is something you should look for.
* After you have made your purchase, make sure that you don’t wear your new pair of jogging shoes for a long-distance marathon. Start with something small as it will help you get used to the shoes.
If you are thinking of taking up Pilates as your regular exercise program, investing in some good Pilates equipment is a great idea. Though a lot of Pilates exercises can be done with no equipment, there are some important ones that cannot be done without Pilates equipment. Here’s a list of the most important Pilates equipment you may need:
a.) The Pilates Reformer: This is the most well- known of Pilates equipment. It comes with a sliding carriage. Spring tension and straps for the hands and feet are used for the exercises. This is comparatively a cheap equipment that is perfect for home use.
b.) The Pilates Wunda Chair: This is one equipment you should have in your home if you are serious about Pilates. A range of challenging and demanding exercises can be done on this. Your coordination, efficiency and fluidity in using your body can be developed with this equipment.
c.) The Pilates Cadillac: This equipment was first brought out for use by people who were being rehabilitated physically. Even today, it is in wide use for facilitating more flow and movement in exercises. You will be surprised at the kind of exercises you can do using this.
d.) The Pilates Spine Corrector: This equipment will let you perform several kinds of great exercises whose first requirement is having a healthy and correct spine. It helps in posture and prevents back and neck pain.
e.) The Pilates Ring: This Pilates equipment is used for doing exercises for the arms and the legs.
If you are planning to buy a treadmill anytime soon, you must know what a great form of exercise it is. This article lets you in on the many benefits of the treadmills.
* The treadmill is easy on the joints and as such it is a wonderful exercise equipment for persons of advanced years. In fact, it is something that everyone in the family can use safely.
* A modern treadmill lets you see the exact number of calories you have burned, your heart rte, the speed at which you are walking, your mileage, etc. It is great since you find added motivation for doing something that is actually working on your body.
* Walking and running on a treadmill is a great way to lose excess fat. A session of 25- 30 minutes on a treadmill 5 times a week is enough to aid in weight loss.
* If you are on a diet to lose weight, using a treadmill as a complementary exercise form will make your pounds disappear faster.
* Treadmills are comparatively cheap and therefore affordable. It is perfect for home use.
* It is great for people who find it difficult to go to the local gym for exercise. Having a great workout right a home is possible with this exercise equipment.
* Working out on a treadmill while watching your favorite show on television or listening to music is a great way of staying away from boredom, as is the case with a lot of exercises.
It is possible for you to have the dream body you have always wanted. How? With the help of a proper diet and using exercise equipments. With the variety of exercise equipment available, it is no wonder that you are confused. Here’s a lowdown on exercise equipment.
a) Treadmill: This is a wonderful exercise equipment that can be effectively used by anybody to lose weight. Spending 20-30 minutes on a treadmill will help you burn a considerable number of calories. Make sure that you walk on the treadmill for sometime as a warm – up and then proceed to a higher speed.
b) Stationary Bike: If you love to cycle but live in a concrete jungle where going out cycling is dangerous, investing in a stationery bike is a great idea. Cycling is a great calorie – burner and it is extremely effective in toning up the legs, thighs and calf muscles.
c) Elliptical Trainer: This is a wonderful exercise equipment that simulates running but removes the impact the exercise has on the knees and feet. Adjusting the resistance is easy on the elliptical trainer and you can be assured that you will be burning a great number of calories in a short time. Also, it is suitable for people of all age groups.
It is important that you don’t start using an exercise equipment suddenly. Spending at least 10-15 minutes time in warm – up exercises such as jogging or biking will ensure that you don’t suffer from any fractures and your body burns more calories.