Archive for the ‘Fasting’ Category
Fasting Weight Loss
A beach party coming up and you just need to lose weight to fit into the new bikini you bought? Why not try a fasting weight loss plan? A fasting weight loss plan is one which is a very reduced- calorie meal plan. It also lets you detoxify your body. The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t be on this diet for more tan 6- 7 days at a stretch.
1). When you wake up in the morning, you can either have a slice of whole wheat toast with a slice of turkey or a cup of 0% fat milk or 2 kiwis with a little honey or 2 apples or a glass of orange juice.
2). For lunch, you can either have a tuna salad or a little soup with boiled chicken or steamed mixed vegetables like carrot and broccoli or a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a little honey or a cup of 0% fat yogurt.
3). For dinner, you can have an omelet with 2 egg whites and a little 0% fat yogurt.
4). Drinking as much water as you can while you are on this diet is a must. This is because water will help you feel less hungry. It will also drive away the toxins in your body and keep it refreshed and hydrated.
5). You can use the fasting weight loss diet to lose weight quick. But make sure you leave a gap of at least a week before resuming this diet.
Contrary to popular perception, fasting may actually be beneficial and a “great treat” for the body. Depending on what you want, fasting can be complete abstinence from all kinds of food or specific food items. If you are concerned that fasting may case health dangers, this article will be an eye- opener.
* Fasting is a detoxification process. During the initial days of a fast, the body throws out toxins and water from each of its pores. As more days goes by, the body is cleansed of fat, mucus and diseased cells.
* During fasting, the body is on a “healing” and “conserve energy” mode.
* After a fast, people are more likely to have more energy than normally.
* After a fast, the body utilizes each article of food to its maximum limit. The body learns to release the maximum nutrients it can from the food it gets.
* Supervised fasting for a certain period of time helps the body find relief from a variety of health problems.
* Fasting helps overcome addictions to nicotine, alcohol, drug and caffeine as it reduces the withdrawal symptoms that happen.
* Fasting is extremely effective in lowering the cholesterol levels of the body.
* Fasting helps alleviate problems of the gastrointestinal system, like constipation, gastritis and bloating.
* A supervised fasting program is a great idea for diabetic patients as it will help them regulate their meal plans for the future.
* Fasting increases mental alertness by energy conservation of the body.
Fasting diets are something of a taboo in today’s times. What with the numerous health concerns a bout of fasting brings with it, most people shy away of fasting diets. There are two kind of fasting diets:
1. Eating a liquid diet once a week and normal meals on the other days.
2. Eating 3 reduced – calorie, nutritionally – fortified meals between 7 am to 7 pm and drinking only non – calorific liquids between 7 pm and 7 am.
Things to remember if you are on a fasting diet:
* Going on a traditional fast where you don’t eat a morsel of food for days is unhealthy and will not ultimately aid you in weight loss.
* Scientists are of the opinion that weight loss depends more on the timing of meals than the calories taken in. When you don’t eat for several hours, your body thinks that you are starving and hence stores up food as fat. This is counter – effective to weight loss. Hence, maintain proper mealtimes.
* Nothing impacts your body more than the food you eat. When you are on a fasting diet, eating nutrition – high meals is very important as you don’t want your body to think that it will get no food for some time.
* Exercise is something that cannot be ignored while on a weight loss program. It will help you digest food better and also burn calories.
With proper planning, a fasting diet may be just what you were looking for!