Archive for the ‘How To Lose Weight’ Category
How To Lose Weight At Home
Tired of spending hours at the local gym tying to lose weight? Well, there are ways in which you can lose weight at home. How? Find out by reading on!
* Whatever you do, do not skip any meals, especially not breakfast. Skipping meals will make your body think that it is starving and have it store up all fats. This will make it difficult to lose weight. Eat regular meals.
* Adopt a healthy reduced- calorie meal plan where you eat less than what your body needs to perform daily physical functions but enough for it to maintain an equilibrium.
* If you are used to eat 3 large meals a day, break it up into 5 or 6 small meals. Every meal should have a share of proteins, carbs and fats.
* Eat at least 5 to 6 servings of fresh fruits and veggies every day. This will fill up your body with fiber, which will make it feel fuller longer and keep you away from snacking.
* Eat as much wholesome fresh foods as you can. Avoid canned and processed foods.
* For snacking options, choose from nuts, freshly cut veggies with your favorite dips, slices of fruits, low- fat yogurt or a cup of skimmed milk with a teaspoon of honey. TV snacking is a strict no- no.
* Control your portion sizes. Eat from a small dark- colored plate.
* Exercise for at least 30- 40 minutes 5 days a week. Cycling, jogging, brisk walking or swimming- choose whatever you enjoy doing.
How To Lose Weight Fast And Easy
Do you want to lose weight fast? Actually it is as easy as this: Step 1 – Eat less; Step 2 – Exercise and Step 3 – Repeat Step 1 and 2. No, this is not a joke! It’s the truth. Losing weight is simple but most of us make it very complicated by going on extremely difficult and complex diet plans. Here are simple ways you can lose weight fast and easy.
* Start right now: This may seem silly to you, but the fact is that NOW is the best time to start losing weight! Yes, that’s right. As soon as you finish reading this, just go out for a brisk walk. There, you have started!
* Set clear goals: Find out exactly how much weight you want to lose. 10 pounds in 20 days? When you decide what you want, you will find out ways to achieve it no matter what.
* Drink lots of water: At least 8-9 glasses of water everyday while on a weight- reduction plan is important. Not only will it keep your body well hydrated, it will also keep you feeling less hungry.
* Do not skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast is a bad idea if you are trying to lose weight, as any one will tell you. It will make you hungrier at lunch and you will end up eating too much.
* Exercise: Exercise 5 days a week, if not everyday. Do what you enjoy, be it jogging, walking, cycling or swimming or playing with your kids.
How To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks
The most important thing you need to understand if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks is that food is not the enemy. Food is essential to your bodily functions and you can’t do without it. Don’t plan to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks, as that will have you starving – which is not a good thing for the [physical and emotional well-being of your body. Have a more realistic goal. Here are tips to help you lose weight in 2 weeks.
1). Stop eating junk. If you want to do that, you have to stop buying them, right? Just stop shopping for chips, chocolates, ice creams and other junk food.
2). Totally stop drinking carbonated fizzy drinks. Buy mineral water instead.
3). Utilize your lunch hour to aid in your weight loss goal. Take a brisk walk for half of your lunch hour. Not only will it help you digest your lunch better, it will also make you feel more energized.
4). Exercise everyday if you want to lose weight in 2 weeks. At least 30- 40 minutes of doing something you like is good enough. You can spend time at the local gym, swim, cycle, jog or brisk walk- whatever suits you.
5). Eat 5 to 6 small meals everyday. Limit your portion sizes. Try to eat home- cooked, reduced- calorie meals everyday.
6). Drink 7-8 glasses of water everyday.
If you follow these tips for 2 weeks diligently, nothing can stop you from losing weight.
How To Lose Weight In A Week
It is possible to lose weight in a week and also keep it off. All it needs are lifestyle adjustments. Here are ways you can do it.
* Wake up an hour earlier everyday. If you usually wake up at 7 am, wake up instead at 6 am and go for a brisk walk outdoors. Everyday.
* If you have an exercise bike or a treadmill at home, then great! Use it everyday for at least 30 minutes. If not, swim, cycle, jog or exercise at your local gym. Everyday.
* Eat a healthy breakfast everyday. Avoid oily or buttery stuff. Instead eat oatmeal, fresh fruit and a small glass of skimmed milk. It will make you less hungry at lunch time. Stay away from tea or coffee as much as you can. Even if you need to have some, avoid adding cream or sugar.
* For lunch, stay away from fast food and carry a packed lunch from home. A vegetable or chicken sandwich coupled with fresh veggie sticks is the best.
* For dinner, have a light soup and a salad without dressing. Avoid eggs, chicken or meat during dinner. You can also opt for soup and fresh fruits. Finish dinner 3 hours before your bed time.
* Drink a couple of cups of green tea everyday. It will aid your weight loss.
* Stop drinking alcohol completely.
* Drink 7 to 8 glasses of water everyday.
With these simple steps, you can lose weight in 1 week.
How to Lose Weight Quickly?
If you want to know how to lose weight quickly, you have to understand one thing – there is no easy answer. Losing weight – quickly or gradually – takes work, dedication and discipline. There are a million diet pills out there that promise fast and dramatic weight loss and some of them actually deliver on that promise. The problem with those pills is that they are very seldom healthy and the trade off for your fast weight loss is a myriad of side effects that will probably make you wish you had decided to take another route.
A healthy diet and good exercise routine are both vital if you want to lose weight quickly. You don’t have to live in the gym and you can eat more than just lettuce and celery, but you have to cut out the junk food and fast food. If you have a fast food meal more than twice a week, you need to stop. Right now. Put down the potato chip bag, put away the take out menu and pull away from the drive-thru window. Yes, fast food is easy, convenient and tasty but it is also so ridiculously high in fat that you’ll lose weight just cutting out that junk alone.
Not eating fast food does not mean you have to get off work and spend an hour slaving over your stove. Instead of the fast food restaurant, however, hit up your local grocery store on your way home. There are many excellent (and healthy) frozen entrees you can just pop in your microwave and be enjoying just as quickly as a fast food meal. In addition, these entrees are much less expensive than the typical burger and fries and can be just as filling. Fine something you like and try out the different flavors. Read the packaging. The healthy choices often list the nutritional information directly on the box. Easy, convenient and tasty – just like a burger and fries.
Potato chips are easy as well and make a great snack for settling in for a night of TV watching, but the salt content alone is enough to make you gain weight, not lose it. When snack time comes, choose fresh fruit or veggies or air popped popcorn with little or no salt. You can buy vegetable or fruit trays that come pre-sliced and washed making them every bit as convenient as a bag of chips and every bit as delicious.
As far as exercise goes, invest in home fitness equipment. If you don’t have a lot of extra money – and these days, who does – scour local yard or garage sales, the internet classifieds or the classifieds in your local newspaper. You don’t need something top of the line. You just need something you can use to get in shape. Don’t work out any more than three times a week with at least a day in between your workouts. This gives your muscles time to heal and gives you the most fitness benefits.
Above all else, check with your doctor and see what your doctor recommends. This is a surprisingly fast way to lose weight and will get you looking and feeling better in no time.
How to Lose Weight Fast
Losing weight fast isn’t impossible, but it definitely isn’t easy. Finding the right balance of diet and exercise is important. You may also want to consider weight loss supplements, fat burners or other workout enhancers to get the best possible results. Be careful when considering supplements and fat burners, however, There are a lot of products out there that promise amazing results but don’t really work. The best way to find a supplement that is right for you is to research the products online. Find the supplement most people seemed to have the most success with and try that one. Make sure you follow the directions, though. These supplements are basically medications so you should never take more than the recommended daily dose.
For many people who want to know how to lose weight fast, the biggest question they have is whether or not they’ll have to starve themselves to achieve the goal. The answer to that question is simple. No. While robbing your body of food will help you drop weight quickly, it also wreaks havoc on your body and your health. Starving yourself is never the right answer. You will almost certainly gain back every bit of weight you lose and will often gain back more. You won’t have the energy to develop a good exercise routine so you won’t be building the foundation for long lasting weight loss.
The first step in losing weight quickly is the step many people have a problem with – cutting out the junk food. Junk food tastes great, it’s convenient and easy and it’s inexpensive in most cases. Fast food is another appealing option. You can stop through a drive-thru fast food restaurant on your way home from work, pick up a meal and head home if you don’t feel like cooking and really, after a long work day, most people don’t feel like cooking. If you want to lose weight fast, however, cutting out the junk food and the fast food is necessary. It’s loaded with fat and salt; both of which are your enemies if you are trying to shed weight. Instead of a bag of potato chips, pick up fresh fruit and vegetable trays from your local grocery store. You don’t have to cut or wash the food yourself so it’s just as convenient as chips and it can be just as tasty. On your way home from work, pick up a salad at your favorite fast food restaurant instead of a burger.
As for exercise, you don’t have to live in the gym to lose weight fast. After you’ve stopped eating junk, you’ll notice you have more energy, sleep better and are in a better mood. Those three things alone make exercising much easier. Consider buying a treadmill or a stationary bike for your home and working out for twenty minutes three times a week in the comfort of your own home. You can even set up your new exercise equipment in your living room so you can watch TV while you get in shape. If that doesn’t sound appealing, start jogging or power-walking every day. Take the stairs at work. Leave the car at home and ride a bike to work. Making these changes to your lifestyle will give you the quick results you want.
How To Lose Weight?
Anyone who wants to lose weight is no doubt familiar with how difficult it can be to accomplish that goal. The truth is, however, that with patience and work, you can achieve your weight loss goal. It may take a few changes to your lifestyle and your eating habits, but those changes will pay off when you step on the scale and see how much weight you’ve lost or try on a pair of pants in your usual size and realize you need a smaller pair. To begin, you first need to look at the way you eat and how much exercise you get. Going on a diet alone is not enough to lose weight. Instead, losing weight requires a combination of a healthy diet and a good workout routine.
If you’re trying to lose weight, junk food is your enemy. While many people like to munch on chips while watching TV at the end of a long day, chips are very high in fat and sodium. Eating before bed is never a good idea either, as your body doesn’t have the chance to burn off those calories while you’re sleeping. That said, what is sitting down in front of the TV without something to snack on? Cutting out snacking completely will make it much harder to stick to your diet. Instead of chips, try sitting down with a plate of fresh fruit and vegetables. Most grocery stores sell trays of fruit and vegetable mixtures that have been pre-sliced and washed so all you’ll have to do is take the lid off the tray. This makes a great tasting snack that is low in fat and often costs little more than what you would pay for a typical bag of potato chips.
With more and more people trying to lose weight, fast food restaurants have started recognizing the trend and offer healthy alternatives on their menus. This means fast food is no longer out of the question for someone on a diet. Let’s be honest though, it isn’t always easy to pass up a burger. Every once in a while, maybe once every two weeks, get your burger, but substitute the fries for a side salad. It’s okay to treat yourself, but make sure it’s just that – a treat. It’s an even better idea to only treat yourself once a month, but for someone who eats fast food on a regular basis, it’s more realistic to aim for a slightly more frequent treat. As long as you stick to a healthy diet every other day of the month, you will still lose weight.
Exercise doesn’t have to be a horrible experience, either. Many people envision long periods of time on treadmills or stationary bikes but that doesn’t have to be the case. If treadmills aren’t your cup of tea, take long jogs or walks outside. Taking an hour long job each day is just as good as twenty minutes on a treadmill. If you choose high impact workouts, stick to twenty minute sessions three times a week. Any more than that and you will be over working your body and will do more harm than good. Between your treadmill days, work on building lean muscle by working out with weights or doing yoga or Pilates. This gives you a good, well rounded workout that won’t put too much stress on your body and will be much easier to stick to than a routine that keeps you in the gym all of the time.