Archive for the ‘Weight Loss’ Category
Permanent Weight Loss
If you are looking to lose weight and keeping it off, a permanent weight loss plan is the thing for you. You have to choose a weight loss plan that will suit your lifestyle and keep you fit. Here are tips for permeated weight loss that will work on everyone.
* Reduce the carbohydrate content in your diet. Eating fewer carbohydrates will most certainly help you lose weight. It will also help you feel full longer and make you stay away from snacks. This will eventually help you in permanently keeping the pounds off.
* Reduce the fat content in your diet. Fat contains more calories than either carbohydrates or proteins and decreasing the amount of butter, oil and other fatty items everyday from your meals will help you lose weight.
* Eat as much vegetables as you can. While out shopping, look for vegetables that have a low Glycemic index, are low in starch, high in fiber and full of essential nutrients. Having 3-4 servings of veggies everyday is a great idea. Your digestion will improve and you will find yourself less prone to snacking.
* Eat at least 25 gm of fiber everyday.
* Avoid fad diets if you want permanent weight loss. They will only make you gain back all the weight you lost before you can say “WEIGHT LOSS”!
* Exercise everyday. Simple free- hand exercises, jogging, cycling, swimming or brisk walking at least 4-5 times a day should be a part of your routine.
Safe Weight Loss
Say NO to all fad diets and YES to a safe weight loss plan. Losing your health along with your pounds is not the smart thing to do! Here are tips to help you choose the right way to safe weight loss.
* Nothing, repeat nothing, can compare to a healthy eating plan. No cabbage soup diet or only- celery diet is going to make you lose weight safely and permanently. Adopting a healthy eating plan is so much easier and healthier. Wonder why people like cabbage soup so much?!
* A regular exercise program is central to safe weight loss. If you don’t exercise and keep starving yourself in a bid to lose weight, you can be sure of hurting your body.
* It is extremely important for you to opt for medical supervision if you are planning to go on a modified eating plan, such as the Atkins Diet, No- Carbs diet or a 3 – Day Diet. You have to let your doctor know that you are going on such a diet to make sure that your health does not suffer.
* A weight loss plan that promotes the idea of a slow and gradual weight loss process is better than a quick – fix “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” plan. The latter is NOT SAFE.
* Choose a weight loss plan that you can continue for the rest of your life. This will help you keep off the unwanted weight for years to come.
Effective Weight Loss
Planning to lose your pounds? There are hordes of diets on the internet for you to try, but if you are looking for tried – and – tested effective weight loss tips, you are at the right place! Read on.
* How many times have you been told as a child to drink more water? Well, here we go again! Drinking water actually aids weight loss. Your kidneys are able to flush out toxins and other waste from your body. Also, drinking a glass of water 10-15 minutes before each meal will make you less hungry and you will end up taking in lesser calories.
* Please do not skip any meals. In fact, eat 5 small meals a day as that will help your body digest better. Also, eating more times a day will ensure that you are never hungry. So you won’t overeat during mealtimes. Don’t make your body crave food.
* Exercise is crucial to effective weight loss. Get out of the house and do some exercises. It can be anything from cycling, swimming, brisk walking or jogging. The idea is to move your body.
* Using smaller plates for meals really helps. You end up taking in lesser calories as the portion sizes are smaller too. Also, using dark – colored plates helps as well.
* Check labels of all food products you buy. Look at the calories, the amount of saturated fats, etc. before you buy.
* Indulge in your favorite foods once in a while. You don’t want to punish yourself to lose weight, right?
Quick Weight Loss
The key to quick weight loss is diet, exercise and a good dietary supplement. You might not believe there is a supplement out there that can actually help you lose weight because these products have gotten such a bad name, but they do exist. Finding a supplement that will work for you is simply a matter of doing a little research. You also need to understand that a supplement alone is not going to be enough to help you shed the weight you want to lose. You are going to have to work out and you are going to have to eat healthier, but a good weight loss supplement can help you out significantly.
Weight loss is a big and highly profitable industry. From exercise videos and equipment to diet pills and weight loss supplements, there are a lot of people who are only in the business to make money. That doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there who genuinely want to help, though. There are many excellent, informative websites out there dedicated to reviewing diet pills and weight loss supplements to help you understand which ones are good and which ones you should avoid. Do a quick internet search for ‘weight loss product review’ and you’ll find yourself with a wealth of information to look over. Many of the websites that offer reviews of diet supplements also allow consumers who have used that supplement to post their own personal experiences with the product. This is a great way to determine what kind of experience you can expect to have. Make a list of the products you are considering and cross off any that don’t seem to work or that seem to have too many negative side effects. Once you have your choices narrowed down to a few specific products, do a search for those products and see what other information you can find about them. Make your decision based on the information you find. With a good supplement chosen, start looking at your diet.
You you’re interested in quick weight loss, you need to say goodbye to fast food. While those on more long term diet plans can afford to treat themselves every once in a while that simply isn’t the case if you want to lose weight quickly. You need to focus your attention on healthy things. Snack on fresh raw fruit and vegetables instead of potato chips. Take a healthy lunch with you to work; a chicken breast sandwich on while wheat bread with honey mustard and celery and carrot sticks is a great choice. You can make a spinach salad with half a cup of light dressing. Switch it up. Don’t have the same lunch every day. You’ll get tired of it and will have a harder time sticking to it. For dinner, choose chicken, turkey, fish or lean beef instead of more fatty meats. Steam vegetables and long grain rice with a fresh salad for a side.
Exercise is also important for quick weight loss, but be careful not to overwork your body. If you choose a high impact workout like running on a treadmill, only work out three times a week with a day in between session, and for no longer than twenty minutes per session. Your muscles need time to heal, so make sure you give them time to. Alternatively, you can take a long walk or jog every morning or every evening and get the same results you would get from twenty minutes of a more high impact routine.
Rapid Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight and want to do it fast, you are likely in need of a little help. Rapid weight loss isn’t an easy task to accomplish, but rest assured, it can be done. You need to focus time, attention and effort on your goal, make lifestyle changes and will likely need to invest in a good dietary supplement, but you will be able to get the results you want if you are willing to work for them.
To begin on your road to rapid weight loss, you need to first take a long hard look at your diet and decide if its really as healthy as it could be. Chances are, it isn’t. There are a lot of fad diets out there that promise to help you melt the fat off your body, but the truth is, few of them actually work. Raw food diets are an excellent way to lose weight fast but they require a lot of discipline and dedication. You will lose the weight you want to lose, but only if you are able to stick to a very strict diet. The great thing about raw food diets is that you can more or less choose the version of diet that will you find the easiest to stick to.
The simplest way to begin making changes in your diet is also the most obvious – cut out the junk food. Junk food is so high in fat, salt and just about everything else you need to eliminate to get on a healthier diet that simply cutting out that junk food is all they will need to do to change their diet. Slathering salads with high fat dressing is also something you have to avoid. Instead, make fresh salads with half a cup of low fat dressing. This gives the salad flavor without giving the salad a lot of extra fat. Steam veggies for your meals or eat them raw. Choose fresh fruit or vegetables for a snack instead of potato chips. Snacking isn’t forbidden for rapid weight loss but snacking on the wrong food definitely is.
If you have a hard time sticking to a diet and find that you feel hungry all of the time even though your eating enough, consider taking a dietary supplement that acts as an appetite suppressant for the first part of your diet. Once have gotten used to eating less, you won’t crave as much, but getting over the initial stages of the diet can be difficult. A good appetite suppressant will still leave you with an appetite, just a significantly reduces one. Your body will still get the food it needs without all of the extra snacking. If you find it hard to avoid reaching for a bag of chips while you’re watching TV, try finding something you can do with your hands while you’re watching TV. Do a crossword puzzle. Knit. Put together models. Anything to keep your hands occupied. Often time, end of the night snacking is the result of boredom, not hunger.
Exercising is easier than you may think. If you don’t have a lot of extra money to join a gym or buy top of the line exercise equipment, forget the top of the line equipment. Upright stationary bikes give you a great workout and there are many excellent inexpensive bikes on the market as long as you don’t go for all the extras. You just need something that will get your heart rate up. If it has pedals and a seat, it’s good enough.
Weight loss is a tricky subject to approach. For some people, shedding weight is no problem at all while others struggle with it throughout their entire lives. It really comes down to dedication, discipline and above all else, metabolism. Someone with fast metabolism is going to have a much easier time losing weight than someone who has slower metabolism. That’s why some weight loss products and programs work better for some people than others. Finding a good diet is important for those who struggle with weight loss, and it needs to be a diet you can actually stick to. If discipline is a problem, look for a diet that allows you to treat yourself every once in a while and isn’t quite as restrictive as other diets. They are out there but finding one might take a little time and effort.
Many people fall victim to weight loss scams because they are looking for easy answers. There is a wealth of excellent weight loss supplements that can help you achieve your weight loss goal, but without a good diet and exercise, there’s only so much a supplement to do. If you are looking to develop a weight loss plan that will work for you, don’t worry about supplements right away. Instead, focus on your diet. Cut out the fast food and junk food first. That alone will get your closer to your goal. Follow that up by finding healthy, low fat foods you actually enjoy eating. It is much easier to stick to a diet if the diet food you are eating tastes good. Experiment with different recipes or meal options and find a few meals that you like then see if you can combine them. Take the low fat sauce from one dish and try it on another meal. Combine sides and entrees in new ways. There is something very satisfying about finding a combination that works simply by experimenting.
If you want to lose weight, you will also need to make some changes to your lifestyle. Not everyone has time to hit the gym so consider buying an exercise bike or a treadmill you can use in your home. If you don’t think you’ll have the money, remember you don’t need to have top of the line equipment to lose weight. You can look for second hand exercise equipment or buy equipment without all of the extra features that come with more expensive models. Cardiovascular workouts are important in weight loss. They boost your metabolism which helps your body burn fat faster, even when you aren’t working out. Set up your equipment somewhere you will actually use it. You can buy folding equipment with wheels that can easily be stored so you can set it up in your living room to work out while you watch TV and then move it if you have company over and need more room. Upright stationary bikes are a great option. They give you an excellent workout and don’t take up much room. Recumbent bikes are a bit larger, but are great for those who find upright bikes uncomfortable or hard to use. Treadmills tend to take up a lot of room, but they provide you with a great workout. Which you choose will depend on your personal preference and your budget. Regardless of which you choose, you won’t regret your decision if you put your equipment to good use.