Archive for the ‘Weight Loss Exercises’ Category
The Best Exercises To Lose Weight Permanently
Want to lose weight? You can’t go far without exercise. Incorrectly performed exercises can actually ruin your weight loss plan. Here are the best exercises for you to do.
* Sitting and watching TV or reading: That’s not a joke really, as you do burn calories even when you are sitting and doing nothing physically. In fact, it is going to burn you one to two calories per minute.
* Light housework: Housework such as washing up or cleaning also burn calories. The higher the work that is performed, the higher the calories burnt will be.
* Walking: This is a great exercise to lose weight. Starting to walk at a slow pace and keeping on increasing it will ensure that you lose the excess weight permanently.
* Light jogging: This burns quite a lot of calories and can in fact, help you lose a tremendous amount of weight. Also, this is an exercise that can be performed safely by middle- added people too.
* Running: This is an aerobic exercise that can make you burn about 7 calories a minute. That is huge if you consider that you will be running about 30 minutes everyday.
* Weight training or sprinting: These are the very intensive exercises you can perform if you want to lose weight permanently. But doing it is not recommended if you are not someone whose physical health is optimal.
The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight permanently is being consistent.
Swimming workouts are a great way to lose weight and stay fit. Whether you want to lose the pounds or are just looking for a healthier body, swimming workouts are great. Here are some swimming workout tips if you are planning to start out on a regular routine.
* Don’t swim for more than 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. It is enough to give you a whole- body workout and make you lose weight.
* Make sure that you are aware of exactly what your heart is feeling when you are doing a swimming workout. Over- stressing your heart by swimming for a longer time and at a faster pace than you should be will be counter- effective.
* Feeling tired and fatigued during the first few sessions is normal. If that is the case, it is a good idea to stop, take a breath and then continue.
* When you are performing a stroke, make sure that you stretch your body to its maximum. This will ensure that your whole body gets exercised.
* In between your swimming workouts, practice deep breathing.
* Do not start a swimming workout on an empty stomach. Eat at least a couple of crackers and a cup of milk. Swimming is a high-intensity exercise and your body needs energy to do it.
Pilates exercises were developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920’s. Originally constructed for the rehabilitation of the prisoners of war, it is currently a hot form of exercise the world over. Pilates not only helps keep the body fit and active, it also helps in the loss of excess weight. Pilates exercises have gained wide popularity after many top Hollywood actors admitted their allegiance for it.
Pilates exercises are usually done on the floor or a mat. Though most are free-hand exercises, some of them cannot be done without the help of equipment, the framework of which had been done by Joseph Pilates himself. The “Pilates Reformer” is considered to the most well- known and popular Pilates equipment we know about. It can be used to perform a wide range of Pilates exercises.
All Pilates exercises have a Six- Principle plan. The six principles are namely, Centering, Control, Flow, Breath, Precision, and Concentration. A high quality Pilates workout regime will have all these 6 principles at work. The Pilates method of exercise purports the idea that in fitness and exercising, quality is a lot more important that quantity. That is perhaps the reason why this form of exercise does not have you do numerous repeats or “sets”. Instead, the focus is on doing exercises with a high degree of precision as that will lead to great results in as short a time as you can imagine. Make Pilates a part of your life and you will know the difference instantly.
Pilates is a wonderful form of exercise. It comes with a range of benefits, a few of which are discussed below:
1. The great thing about Pilates is that it is a whole-body exercise. It does not ignore or over- work any body part, as is the case with a lot of exercises. Instead, it concentrates on developing core strength and trains the whole body.
2. It does not matter whether you are just a beginner or a trained athlete; you can be sure that Pilates has something for you. It can be tailored well to suit your needs, be it weight loss or fitness.
3. The range of motion that Pilates exercises deal with increases the flexibility of your body. If you do Pilates regularly, you will be gifted with a body that bends and stretches very easily.
4. Pilates does not build you muscles. This is great news for women who hate bulk and who are scared of doing certain kinds of exercises for fear it will make Madonna look-alikes out of them! Lean is the word for Pilates.
5. Pilates develops core strength, that is, it concentrates on the abdomen, back and pelvic floors. Flat abs is a given for regulars!
6. A strong core will lead to a good posture. Though ignored a lot, a good posture is something that is extremely important for the overall fitness of the body.
7. Pilates aids in weight loss and helps in attaining a long and lean appearance that most people crave for.
Using a treadmill is a wonderful form of exercise. Not only does it go a long way in keeping the body fit, it also works the important muscles of the body. If you are trying to lose your extra pounds with the help of a simple exercise routine, a treadmill is good news for you. Running or walking on a treadmill gives you one of the best cardio-vascular workouts you can ask for. It also burns a number of calories in a short time. The great thing about a treadmill is that you can exercise whenever you want at your convenience right in your home without having to go a gym. It is comparatively an inexpensive equipment and just 20-30 minutes of being on a treadmill is enough to give you a whole-body workout.
If you are thinking of investing in a treadmill for your home, it is a good idea to research well. Read reviews on the internet by consumers and experts alike and gauge the best brand for your requirements. Don’t spend a lot of your hard – earned money on something you won’t use.
The treadmill exercises of today are a lot more creative and challenging than what they were, say 10 years back. Now it is possible for you to find out exactly the number of calories you have burnt on a session, your heart beat level, your blood pressure level, etc. Buying a high- quality treadmill with lots of features is a good idea as this is one equipment you are going to use 10-15 years from now!
Weight Loss Workouts
Are you looking to lose weight? It would be a mistake to worry yourself silly about which of the latest fad diets you are going to go on; whether it’s going to be the Cabbage Soup Diet or the Atkins Diet. The best way to lose the pounds and keep it off is by exercise, and you know it. So what are the best weight loss workouts? Well, the best weight loss workouts are something that doesn’t stress you out and keep you dreading your exercise routine everyday. Here’s a lowdown on weight loss workouts.
What it is not:
* It is not spending an hour- and- a- half at the gym each day of the week.
* It is not running 5 miles everyday.
* It is not swimming till your arms and legs ache.
What it should be:
* It should be something that you love to do.
* It should be something that will see you build up a little bit of sweat.
* It should be something that you will enjoy doing for 30-40 minutes 4-5 times a week.
Now that you are aware of what a weight loss workout should and should not be, it will be easy to incorporate a form of exercise in your daily life. If you have children, why not play with them a sport you all enjoy? Make this a routine every afternoon after they return from school.
The best weight loss workouts are something that you enjoy doing and can keep up with.
Yoga is a form of exercise that has gained tremendous popularity all over the world. If you are thinking of taking up yoga, you must be aware of the many health benefits it will bring you. This article tells you about a few of them:
* Yoga reduces stress in your life by aiding in relaxation. In fact, relaxation techniques are an important part of a yoga exercise routine.
* Yoga teaches you to breathe better. It increases your lung function and sets off the body’s relation process. You will find yourself taking slower and deeper breaths when you do yoga on a daily basis.
* Yoga increases the flexibility of your body and lets you do a wide range of motions effortlessly. People, who cannot touch their toes normally, find themselves doing so easily after a few sessions of yoga.
* Yoga gives your body a complete workout and is aimed at generating increased strength. You will find yourself performing physical tasks with more energy.
* If you have always been someone who has had a weight problem, you will find that you are not only able to lose excess weight with yoga, but that too in an easier, more relaxed way. Yoga not only is a form of exercise, it also promotes mental well- being.
* Regular yoga will help keep your blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control.
So what are you waiting for? With so many benefits that yoga offers, there is no reason why you shouldn’t make it a part of your daily life.
Jogging, the great form of exercise that hardly raises a murmur has been put on the backburner by a lot of health – conscious people because of its non – glamorous avatar. But jogging is actually a wonderful form of exercise for everyone – be it someone who wants to lose excess weight as well as someone who just wants a healthier fitter body. Here’s a list of reasons why you should jog your way to good health.
1) Jogging is a low – impact exercise which has tremendous results on excess weight. It is a great calorie – burner and half an hour of jogging, 5 times a week will have you burning a lot of calories and losing weight. And the great thing is that, your knees won’t be complaining!
2) Jogging in the morning is a great way to start the day. You will find your energy levels increasing as you jog very morning.
3) When you jog in the open, your body releases “happy hormones”. This causes you to feel happy and less stressed out. If you can jog in the morning, do so after work and see your stress disappearing! Jogging also promotes better sleep at night.
4) Jogging is a great way of exercising your whole body. It exercises your arms and legs, and has a direct effect on your abdominal muscles. Very few whole-body exercises are as much fun to do as jogging!
So what are you waiting for? Buy a pair of jogging shoes today and start jogging!
Jogging is a great form of exercise for those who want to lose weight or just stay fit. Jogging every morning not only helps boost up your energy levels, it also gives you a great start to your day. So how should you be jogging? Take a look at the jogging tips below.
* A simple exercise such as jogging in the open air is better than spending an hour at the gym if your purpose is to lose weight and stay fit. Do invest in a pair of jogging shoes though as you don’t want to hurt your feet or knee.
* The best time to go jogging is in the morning. The air is fresh then and the oxygen that will get into your lungs will refresh you.
* If you are thinking of losing some weight by jogging, doing it at a faster pace is a good idea. This low – impact exercise is going to do a lot of good for your bulging waistline, in case you have one!
* It is important that you do at least a 5-minute warm up routine before starting to jog. Skipping, jumping and a few free-hand exercises are enough.
* Don’t go jogging on an empty stomach. Make sure you eat a couple of crackers about 20 minutes before going jogging. Also, taking sips of water between your jogging bouts will keep your body from getting dehydrated. You could also opt for fruit juices.
* Try jogging at least 5 times a week for best results.
Fat Burning Exercises
Is it difficult for you to find clothes that fit you? If the answer is yes, then it’s high time that you did something about your weight. Diets will come and go, depending on which celebrity endorses them, but exercises are a permanent fixture of any weight loss plan. If you seriously want to lose weight, try out these fat burning exercises and see the difference it makes to your body!
a) Jogging: This is a great fat – burning exercise that has multiple benefits. Not only does it help you burn calories, it also tones your legs, thighs and calf muscles, thereby giving you a body that is shapely. It is a good idea to jog at a moderate pace at the beginning before increasing.
b) Squatting: This is another great fat – burning exercise that tones your legs and calf muscles and also ensures that fat from the lower part of your abdomen melts as well. It will also help you reduce your overall weight.
c) Swimming: A wonderful exercise that is also fun, swimming is something that should b incorporated as part of your daily routine. If you are not a swimmer, join up at the local club to learn. An hour spent swimming will help you reduce 600-800 calories.
d) Sit Ups: Another good fat – burning exercise that will directly affect the fat around your stomach, the area that is most difficult to lose weight from.
Do these fat burning exercises regularly and complement it with a sensible meal plan.