Archive for the ‘Weight Loss Programs’ Category
The South Beach Diet
The South Beach Diet has become quite popular since 2003 when it was first published. It is a diet plan that one can keep to, as compared to crash diets. Here are a few points to note about the South Beach Diet.
* The diet has 3 phases. The first phase lasts 2 weeks and restricts the dieter from eating most carbohydrates, including most fruits, dairy products and sources of saturated fat. The second phase lasts as long as the dieter has lost all the weight he wants. The third phase is all about maintenance and has very few restrictions.
* The diet starts with quite a lot of restrictions in the first phase. Dieters are forbidden to eat fats and most types of carbohydrates. But in the next two phases, carbohydrates are progressively added as they start losing weight. Dieters are allowed a little amount of saturated fat in the last phase as well.
* This is a diet that encourages individual dieters to choose what they want to eat, especially in the last two phases. It does not have fixed meal plans that have to be kept to.
* It is actually quite easy to learn and get used to this diet. There are a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods to enjoy. When a dieter has choice, he is less likely to fall off the wagon and binge- eat.
* Overall, this diet is not over- restrictive and can be used successfully to lose excess weight.
Weight Loss Programs
Anyone trying to lose weight knows it isn’t an easy process by any stretch of the imagination. If you struggle with your weight and can’t seem to lose it, you know how frustrating and depressing the battle can be. For that reason, weight loss programs are an excellent option for you. With a weight loss program you are given guidance and motivation as well as the support of others who, like you, are having trouble losing weight on their own. For some, losing weight is a mind set and they have no trouble shedding extra fat, but for most, that simply isn’t the case. Knowing you aren’t alone is a valuable tool. That said, knowing which weight loss program you should choose isn’t always easy. You need something that will work for you and one that you can afford. There is an option out there that can provide what you need at a price you can afford. It’s just a matter of taking the time to find it.
Many of the most popular weight loss programs promise quick and easy results if you invest in their food and exercise equipment, but the truth is, for someone struggling with weight, there is often no easy answer. Look for a program that allows you to go at your own pace and offers realistic goals you can achieve. Don’t compare your progress with other people in the program. How much you lose will be a very individual thing and basing your success on how other people are doing simply isn’t healthy. Set goals that you feel you can realistically achieve and work toward them. Gage your success on how close you come to achieving your personal goals. If your goal is to lose five pounds and you lose four, consider that a win and not a fail. Try to see where you went wrong. Did you indulge on fast food? Did you skip workouts? Next time, stick with the five pound goal, but skip the fast food, as hard as it is, and make sure you take the time to workout.
The best thing about choosing a good weight loss program is the ability a program gives you to speak with other people trying to lose weight. Many programs have a website you can go to with message boards where other people on the program are able to share their experiences. Don’t be afraid to share your own experiences and talk to others who are having similar experiences. If someone is having a lot of success with the program, talk to them about their success. Find out what their workout routine is like. Ask them for recipes or meal ideas that might help you lose weight. This community aspect of weight loss programs can offer you much needed moral support and provide you will valuable tips to help you achieve your goals (this is currently planned at Lose.kg). When you succeed you have other people who are going through the same thing to share that success with. If you don’t reach your goal, you can get advice on how you can do better next time and encouragement to keep trying. Perhaps you’ll even find someone else in the program who lives in your area and you will gain a new workout buddy.